Work Done in 2019

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Making some progress. The first picture was how it looked a couple weeks ago. Since then I now have eight cords in the shed (a bit less now since I have already been burning) and just shy of two more stacked. I'm estimating there is at least two more cord left to be split and stacked (possibly more) so hopefully we won't have major snow for a little bit longer. Well shy of the 15-20 cord I hoped to have before winter but that's life. Still better than where I was this time last year. If the weather holds off, I'll keep trying to add to the stash.
Great work @EODMSgt , we received about three inches of snow with most of it coming earlier today.

Reactions: EODMSgt
We had our first dusting of snow today, supposed to warm up a little this weekend before next weeks cold sets in. EODMSgt nice work the place looks cleaned up nicely!

Gotta love the difference one day makes. Time to start splitting and stacking in the snow.

Attachments

• DSC00510.JPG
    DSC00510.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC00516.JPG
    DSC00516.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 213
Gotta love the difference one day makes. Time to start splitting and stacking in the snow.
If I have to break out the "Tubbs Wilderness snowshoes" to stack wood, that's where I draw the line.. ;)

I better get my arse going before Monday, they're calling for 6-10 inches of snow. I have some new plow areas I made that need some cleaning up before this snow hits.

Here, we're getting January cold Mon. and Tues. Hopefully, little or no snow..

23df this morning here, we got a tiny bit of snow on the coast. I actually started at a new snow removal job and I salted several areas early yesterday morning. If this Keeps up I'm just going to have to call it quits this year for exterior improvements unfortunately.

We hit 13.4 degrees for a low overnight, I see some single digit lows coming this way in the forecast next week.

We hit 13.4 degrees for a low overnight, I see some single digit lows coming this way in the forecast next week.

When is the snow supposed to start up by you? The wife is gonna be up that way until Sunday evening. Hoping she doesn't have to travel through a snow storm.

When is the snow supposed to start up by you? The wife is gonna be up that way until Sunday evening. Hoping she doesn't have to travel through a snow storm.
AccuWeather is saying 6-10 on Monday night the 11, the forecast usually changes.

Reactions: jatoxico
I was able to split some of the bigger rounds of pine and move them over to the outside fireplace today.

Attachments

• 101_9855.JPG
    101_9855.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 101_9856.JPG
    101_9856.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 211
  • 101_9857.JPG
    101_9857.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 226
AccuWeather is saying 6-10 on Monday night the 11, the forecast usually changes.

Thanks, sounds like she will miss it. She just sent me a snowy pic from inside the park just off the Northway. Meanwhile we just had our first <30 night which is early for us. Had some hoses freeze up. Decided I better shut down and blow out the water supply to my out buildings.

I did a thing today. Actually it took me about a week to get the plumbing to stop leaking, but today I got it all operational. The water coil is working perfectly and slowly warming a 40 gallon tank of water from about 40df. I also got the on demand electric water heater going today as well. No more running out of hot water! I'm hoping once the tank is hot I won't have to use any electricity.

Attachments

• 20191109_164600.jpg
    20191109_164600.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 224
Its funny. our leaves are not all down (though most of the colors are over) but we went pretty low temp wise.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I filled the garage with locust and ash for the coming cold. We are supposed to hit close to 50 tomorrow before the cold on Monday night through Wednesday. I'm ready this mud is already on my nerves makes a mess of any outside job. My younger lab was a muddy pig after running for a couple hours today.

We just had 15° yesterday morning. 18 at my house and then 15 as I got about a mile away. Unusually cold
I don't remember what it was yesterday morning, but this morning it was 30. Indiana is a long state. ;) We got teens coming Monday, though..

I filled the garage with locust and ash for the coming cold. We are supposed to hit close to 50 tomorrow before the cold on Monday night through Wednesday. I'm ready this mud is already on my nerves makes a mess of any outside job. My younger lab was a muddy pig after running for a couple hours today.
We put in a small load of yellow birch which gives us a 4 x 4 rack full inside, we'll also put in two good loads of cherry tomorrow morning.

Reactions: heavy hammer
Yeah, I’m not far from Lake Michigan. Sounds like some cold weather coming Monday here!
Lake effect will modify that some? My brother, on the west side of the lake, is looking at single digits for Mon. and Tues.
We put in a small load of yellow birch which gives us a 4 x 4 rack full inside, we'll also put in two good loads of cherry tomorrow morning.
No wonder you are stacking all the time..sounds like you go through some wood at your place! ==c

I'm sure with temps like what they are calling for most here will burn through some wood. I know when it is cold I keep the stoves fed, this is where they are worth their weight in gold!

Lake effect will modify that some? My brother, on the west side of the lake, is looking at single digits for Mon. and Tues.

No wonder you are stacking all the time..sounds like you go through some wood at your place! ==c
Not much hardwood has been burned so far this year, we have 6-10 inches of snow coming in so we try and get our wood in before any storm hits.

Since we heat from the basement, we do burn more. We should be done with burning pine tomorrow in the afternoon, that will be just over three face cord burned this year with another two face up for the spring.

Reactions: heavy hammer