Work Done in 2019

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Since NOAA is calling for 9 inches of snow for our area, I decided that today would be a get rid of old splits day along with most of the pine I split the other day.

Attachments

• 101_9858.JPG
    101_9858.JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 101_9859.JPG
    101_9859.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 101_9860.JPG
    101_9860.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 101_9861.JPG
    101_9861.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 193
I spent a couple of hours today putting those heat wires back up on my mother in laws house in the front. Her landscapers hit it last spring some how and cut the wire going into her GFI. She was worried before the snow returned, then finished up with some yard work and throwing the younger lab his goose dummy.

With the storm coming in, I moved some pine logs out of the way with the forks on the 4540 and moved more pine rounds over to the fireplace . The utility trailer was moved to a new area and the new snow storage areas were cleared of any junk pine.

We did a run around the property I do most of the cutting on making sure the trails are clear, we trimmed them up some but everything thing was good.

I would've taken pictures but I left the picture taker in the garage next to carburetor parts that are soaking in mineral spirits. ;hm

mountain mahogany.
Ah, OK, your username is your wood. ==c
I decided that today would be a get rid of old splits day along with most of the pine I split the other day.
OK, you've officially gone off the deep end. Burning wood outside of a stove...have you lost what few marbles you had left?? ;)
1573525363634.png

Stacked wood with the wife..mostly apple wood. Also some photos of my loads of apple wood I loaded out from the orchard
Man, that stuff has some thick sapwood. I can only imagine how good that smells when it burns! :)

Reactions: nathan125
Windchill of 4°F this morning! good day to work inside around the house!
That doesn't sound cold enough for up there..maybe no wind? Here's what NWS is claiming for here right now.
But yeah, I told the lady I would remodel our bathroom by Sunday. I'd better quit loafing on the 'net and get to work! ;lol
1573565438502.png 1573565338160.png

Reactions: HitzerHillbilly
5F this morning, feels like -6F. Furnace kicked on as I was loading the stove this morning. With my blower off for a while, I could see the house dropped a degree or two. We'll be back in the 30s in a few days thankfully.

Reactions: HitzerHillbilly
We received around 8 to 9 inches of snow from the storm, I plowed our neighbor's driveway (heart problem) and then our driveway will the majority of the trails around the house. The temp was 17 when I came in around 2:30.

I charged the batteries last night and left the camera inside today.

Cold and snowy today couple guys said the real feel was around 14 when we were working in the air today. The stove feels great now a chill night ahead but plenty of wood to keep warm with.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Cold and snowy today couple guys said the real feel was around 14 when we were working in the air today. The stove feels great now a chill night ahead but plenty of wood to keep warm with.
Remember to stick the bus work, squirrel wire and spacer cable in the tail pipe before trying to work it, makes a big difference.

Reactions: heavy hammer
I'll be salting in the morning. It's snowing here right now, but mostly melting.

You know it Kennyp2339 with these cold temps nothing likes to work right. Me and another guy were repairing some static inside a sub station in between the 138 kv circuits and everything was covered in ice.

We just got a dusting and some ice here. I was out at 0430 salting around town. The roads felt greased in my diesel on my way into work. Much better after we starting getting salt on the ground. Still cold at 18df

We had a low of 2 this morning so we decided it would be a good day to pick up some different stuff we needed, dog food,diesel, four bags of pellets and a few items at the grocery store.

After the coals from the morning fire burn down more, I'll make another fire with some yellow birch. Tonight should be another cold night with the temps around 4.

Reactions: heavy hammer
Going to be cold here as well, I have the stoves loaded with locust right now.

Reactions: thewoodlands