Work Done in 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I do not know what I have--thinking it is a double insulated pipe inside the stove room but in realty do not know--lol...I am going to make an appointment with the stove dealer for Sept and "We will light the stove"...Got my fire extinguisher and my flame putter outer and hoping I do not burn the GD house down..lol Thanks everybody..clancey

Well I have been doing some wood work..I have half the kiln dried wood in place in the bottom cage and I put all the weird looking wood into the wood shed..One more half to do for the higher cage--Yes...That disabled walker I just use for a staircase climb..lol..It will come in handy I hope much much later...lol....Getting ready when the weather turns "cool " and I have environmental dry logs and fat sticks and cubes to light and a ash can and gloves and smoke detector with carbon dioxide detector as well. When I go to the fireplace store I will get a digital thing to judge wood moisture and if someone would write the name of this thing again I would appreciate.. And also a stove pipe temperature gadget and need the name of that as well and how many inches up the pipe that I place it.. I could look up all this from past postings but I am tired from my hard days work. You all be good and listen to your love ones and give them a hug on this nice sunday..clancey

So how much wood are you actually sitting on

You want me to figure out all "those faces and stuff"--too complicated for my little brain but I think the wood pallet held 637 pounds..and one cage is full and I am working on another one..I am guessing a 1/4 of a cord--guessing now even after all you guys training...the dimensions of the pallet is: 3 foot by 4 foot and 25 inches high with wood cut and split to 16 inches..They called it a stack and it was shipped from GA...over 500 dollars to buy,,,( I got this just for a emergency not to burn full time for I do not like how the world is acting right now)..I just want to feel prepared because I hate to be cold and do not want to have to go to a warming station "if they even have one"--do not want to repeat Texas --poor people...and I am going by "instinct" here and might be very wrong...lol clancey

You want me to figure out all "those faces and stuff"--too complicated for my little brain but I think the wood pallet held 637 pounds..and one cage is full and I am working on another one..I am guessing a 1/4 of a cord--guessing now even after all you guys training...the dimensions of the pallet is: 3 foot by 4 foot and 25 inches high with wood cut and split to 16 inches..They called it a stack and it was shipped from GA...over 500 dollars to buy,,,( I got this just for a emergency not to burn full time for I do not like how the world is acting right now)..I just want to feel prepared because I hate to be cold and do not want to have to go to a warming station "if they even have one"--do not want to repeat Texas --poor people...and I am going by "instinct" here and might be very wrong...lol clancey

That is 3*4*2 ft = 24 cubic foot. As a cord is 128 cubic foot, you have about 1/5th of a cord.

so.. 3ft x4ft x2ft = 24 cuft there 128 cuft in a cord so you have .1875 cords on the pallet.. not even a quarter of 1 cord. you can take the dimensionsof you bins and multiple lenth x with x height in ft and divideby 128 and that will give you what u have in cords
I read the other post in other threads that you have
The average person with a with a 1500 2000 sqft home and average installation burning for heat is roughly going through 3 full cords dependingon where they are and wood species
Dont be confused... a face cord is only 1/3 of a cord roughly.. so if someone says they have 30 face cords.. thats only 10 cords.. Your going to be lightning your stove in a few months.. I'd grab up some wood if your able get some cheap racks
.18 cord of woods like a weeks worth to give you an idea

Oh brother---lol lol...That's a lot of figuring and I plan to fill up that little wood shed with a mixed batch of seasoned wood that might be seasoned--lol.. Hoping that it will fit about another few cords just for it to dry out for awhile outside but in the meanwhile I have wood to burn now if I need too (emergency for a few days). Now "Nice Mr Math Man"--Please figure "ball park" for me how much wood that I might be able to store in my new little wood shed...That would help me out a lot this figuring....It is 48x48 and 5 foot high..How many cords can I possibly store planning on ordering a mixed batch from wood people here in Colorado to be delivered so that it can start to be seasoned in my little wood shed outside..This kiln wood is special and I can burn it now after I take the moisture to make sure and this should give me a few days of figuring out something if things should go to hell..(only for emergency)..Regular wood if I like my wood stove burning and can get into it to save me money on my heat bill (maybe) in the future...I do like those kilns you can buy that you can store even more wood in and just a thought...lol lol...Thanks for all that figuring and work you have done and hoping you will do more for me...So I have just under a third of a cord--great....Its a start...Thanks so much...clancey

4*4*5 ft = 80 cubic ft, i.e 5/8th of one cord.

4*4*5 ft = 80 cubic ft, i.e 5/8th of one cord.

Together with the kiln dried wood you bought, that totals 0.8 cords or 4/5th of one cord.

If I were you, I'd fill that shed, and leave it at that. It will allow you to have a few fires during the winter, and have a week or two of emergency heat. Keeps you feeling safe while not being too much work

Note that if you have to buy wood (locally) your savings in heating get diminished quickly. Hence my suggestion to use it to feel safe and an occasional ambiance fire to keep your skills up to date.

A bunch of math wizards my wood friends----thanks....Should not you all go out to your property and cut and fix more dead trees or something? There must be something to do to keep you minds occupied other than with math figuring...Thanks I really needed to know how much it would hold and that's fine for a start...Appreciate...clancey

20 foot long--that's the size of my yard-lol lol...Maybe I could do one of those wire decorative wood holder "fences" with a roof over them..Thanks so much much appreciated woodsplitter67 and stoveliker...The neighbors would sure like that and i would love a fence 7 foot high...lol..city living ugh ...Bless you...clancey

I had my blood drawn for a Lyme disease test this morning, once I came home a few more tarps got spread out to dry and then I washed the wife's vehicle and dried it. After it was dry, I took Dash & Glass (made by Turtle Wax) and removed the spots from the windows.

Hopefully this week, I can start pulling some stumps with the backhoe on the 4540. I have about six or more stumps (nothing huge) that I plan on pulling before winter.

If I get going on another job clearing some smaller pines in the woods just beyond the corner of our driveway, I'll have more stumps but smaller. If I get that cleared, I'll be pushing the snow deeper into the woods and not off the corner of the driveway.

Last year when the snow came it stayed, we never had any rains after we received snow so I ended up moving the snow just off the corner of the driveway to another spot, I don't plan on doing that again unless we get an old fashion winter.

Reactions: heavy hammer
Gosh woodlands I hope that test comes back negative..I hate ticks..I did some work today too but now I am having a cold beer for celebration and I have all my kiln wood put away and i took some pictures as well..There is one picture that I wonder if you people might think the same way that I am looking at this pallet and wood that transferred the wood to my house. This is the 24 hour question here..I am so tired and its like I went back to the frontier days or something moving this wood..Terrible work and not for me but its finished now..I didn't figure that anybody got snow at this time a year--you must be way up there in the North maybe in the mountains or something..Its hot here today I bet about 100 degrees for the west is having a real bad heat wave with plenty of fires--terrible smoke too...Here are my pictures especially the one with the 24 hour question--that one is the one with the pallet and wood frame...Then the last picture is a nice cold beer that I am drinking--refreshing...for a hard days work...lol Hope your test comes back okay the woodlands...clancey

Attachments

• Frontier days 002.JPG
    Frontier days 002.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Frontier days 003.JPG
    Frontier days 003.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 77
  • Frontier days 004.JPG
    Frontier days 004.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Frontier days 006.JPG
    Frontier days 006.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 84
I hope it comes back negative too but since I'm getting tested just after it happened, there is a better chance that the test could come back negative because my levels art too low. After reading the below article from the CDC, I'm wondering why they wanted me to get tested today and not wait.

Hopefully the doxycycline takes care of it, I'm pretty sure they'll make me get tested again. After today I have eight more days of taking the doxy.

Jan 08, 2021 · Some people who receive antibiotics (e.g., doxycycline) early in disease (within the first few weeks after tick bite) may not have a fully developed antibody response or may only develop an antibody response at levels too low to be detected by the test. Antibodies against Lyme disease bacteria usually take a few weeks to develop, so tests performed before this time may be negative even if the person is infected.

That heat your working in makes it tough, nice work. We're in the 80's here (not too bad) but I'm suppose to stay out of the sun when I'm taking the doxycycline.

In picture posting 639 I have some pictures and on one of them I have a structure built of the wood that was shipped to me number 004 on the picture and this wood is extra for I already have my little wood shed built already..I ask a question with that picture 004---do you see what I see and what I am thinking --24 dollar question here without the money..lol ..Hint: I need more room for more wood so I stacked that pallet and the wood boards up just for the hell of it--now are you thinking what I am thinking--testing here--to see if you all are still alert and energetic too..lol....answer coming...Do you see what I see? clancey

Reactions: thewoodlands
If you top cover it, that will work fine.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I hope it comes back negative too but since I'm getting tested just after it happened, there is a better chance that the test could come back negative because my levels art too low. After reading the below article from the CDC, I'm wondering why they wanted me to get tested today and not wait.

Hopefully the doxycycline takes care of it, I'm pretty sure they'll make me get tested again. After today I have eight more days of taking the doxy.

Jan 08, 2021 · Some people who receive antibiotics (e.g., doxycycline) early in disease (within the first few weeks after tick bite) may not have a fully developed antibody response or may only develop an antibody response at levels too low to be detected by the test. Antibodies against Lyme disease bacteria usually take a few weeks to develop, so tests performed before this time may be negative even if the person is infected.

That heat your working in makes it tough, nice work. We're in the 80's here (not too bad) but I'm suppose to stay out of the sun when I'm taking the doxycycline.
Obviously you had a tick embedded in you somewhere, but did you get a rash that triggered the test? I live in a tick hotspot here, and back when I was in fire it wasn't uncommon to pull upwards of 50+ ticks off in a day. Never got lyme disease, but it is a lot more prevalent in the area now than even 10 years ago. Good to get out ahead of it if there's a chance you might have got it.

Obviously you had a tick embedded in you somewhere, but did you get a rash that triggered the test? I live in a tick hotspot here, and back when I was in fire it wasn't uncommon to pull upwards of 50+ ticks off in a day. Never got lyme disease, but it is a lot more prevalent in the area now than even 10 years ago. Good to get out ahead of it if there's a chance you might have got it.
I just found out the test came back negative but since the test was done very early, it's possible that it could turn positive so I'm thinking that I'll get tested again later.

Tuesday night July 27 should be my last night taking the doxycycline.

I found this on the net and because we were talking about cords and things earlier I put it on here for you all to see..,Also for today I checked into oil prices per barrel and it is 71.70 and i thought you might enjoy all of this especially the different wood prices across the nation...They also had a different opinion on the calculation of faces of wood--you can read for yourself and what do you think of that? Faces for me are just hard to calculate so I agree with them--lol...Why do wood people use it anyway? clancey