Wow !! Hope you dont need to buy wood from this Craigslist guy!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
http://longisland.craigslist.org/grd/2524787127.html

SEASONED BAGGED FIREWOOD NO NEED TO STACK - $100 (SUFFOLK / NASSAU )
Date: 2011-08-01, 4:57PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
We have bulk firewood and also bagged firewood. All the wood is hardwood hand loaded so no junk and has been seasoned for over 3 years. The bagged wood can be tied at the top so no snow or rain gets in so no need to stack wood anymore we can place the bagged wood right at the end of your driveway or next to the side door. Bagged wood is $100 a bag plus $10 deposit on the bag. Delivery varies depending on location so please email your location and I will get back to you right away. If you buy 6 bags or more delivery is free

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0

TALK ABOUT INFLATION!!!!!

once again when did wood turn into gold?

Heck if people will pay it, more power to him.

But what size is the bag?

Backwoods Savage said:
But what size is the bag?

Looking at the picture, it's about the size of a grocery bag. Not a bad markup for a couple of pounds of wood, worth less than the bag deposit.
Less than ethical, or maybe a typo on the decimal point.

$ 100.00 bucks to have a nice romantic fire @ Christmas & New Years eve. In the city, I'm bettin he gets a few takers. Be awful expensive heat though.

Looks like they are feed bags, which would mean it's about 1/4 cord of wood then. The bags I worked with are 48"x48"x48"

With the handles I would guess they are those jumbosack sand bags, I believe they are 1+ cyd bags.

XactLEE said:
Wood is phat coin for the same reason beer is $8/bottle in Manhattan.

I will take a 1/4 bottle....... :)

smokinjay said:
XactLEE said:
Wood is phat coin for the same reason beer is $8/bottle in Manhattan.

I will take a 1/4 bottle....... :)

$32/bottle? You know how to live. Around here, eight bucks is buying 40% of a magnum :lol:

Around here if you said Magnum everyone would be expecting to see a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.