XXV Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keep-in warm

Feb 17, 2009
Lowell, MA
Here is a picture of my hearth and XXV install from Spring 2009. It finally officially happened.

Attachments

• download 231.jpg
    download 231.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 543
looks great!
Bet you will like it even more when you burn the Green Supremes you have ;-)

I agree, looks great. I also have XXV's and really like mine. Had some trouble with my first one, but the dealer swapped it out and all is good now. I really like the heat they produce and they heat my whole house.

Nicely appointed space for the stove! You should really like the stove. I'd recommend reading the XXV manual about 200 times. Every word seems correct - the nuances are sort of exasperating sometimes. We love our XXV

clifford

keep-in warm said:
Here is a picture of my hearth and XXV install from Spring 2009. It finally officially happened.

great looking stove....nice install. Thanks for the pic!

BTW, get a surge suppressor on that puppy asap.

Looks good, you will love your XXV, I have one as well. No problems, very quiet, lots of heat. Enjoy it, and yes as Macman stated use a surge protector on it.

Thanks all, we fired the stove a couple of days ago and enjoyed a "Green Supreme" burn for a few hours. Can't wait to kick it in high gear, but I'm not ready to see the cold weather just yet and I still have a ton of the old Michigan's to get through.

Macman, we did get a surge protector shortly after the pic was taken, I believe on your advice back in the spring. Thanks!

We don't miss using the baseboard heating....it's gas but we never could get the back of the house over 68. The wife likes the warm room, and a strategic fan placement does a nice job circulating the heat throughout the house.

I wish Harman made a XII.V. Ok, maybe that would be too small...but at least say, an "XX". or XIX.

Seriously, I love the look of the XXV, but its just too big. Odd thing, though, is that it doesn't look big in the pic above (or in many other pics). something about the camera, I guess. (oddly, it always seems to make me look much bigger than reality. 8-/ ). I was admiring one the other day, when I stopped by my local dealer to check on pellet prices. It was running right next to an Accentra, just like mine. It really is quite a bit bigger.

Don't get me wrong; I love my accentra, and it has its own cool "look" to it, it fits my space, and is more than adequate to heat my whole house, but If I was picking just on looks alone, I'd go w/ the XXV.

Nice looking stove and install. I agree with macman, Needs a surge supressor on it.

Let use now how you like the nice warm heat!

jay

Looks great! I like how the hearth pad ties in with the tile in front of the door... very clean.

If that is your room sensor lying on the floor, you may find that you'll want to get it up higher so that it senses air temp and not floor temp.

As we planned to finish the room, we knew the stove was a must and the placement was also locked in stone - so to speak. The tile work with backer board was approved by the city and I also laid the hard wood floor to help make the stove look like it was the focus of the room. I'm still having trouble with the temperature sensor being so close to the glass door, but I'm sure we'll get it figured out as we get burned in this year.

keep-in warm said:
As we planned to finish the room, we knew the stove was a must and the placement was also locked in stone - so to speak. The tile work with backer board was approved by the city and I also laid the hard wood floor to help make the stove look like it was the focus of the room. I'm still having trouble with the temperature sensor being so close to the glass door, but I'm sure we'll get it figured out as we get burned in this year.

Extend the sensor wire. You can lengthen it and hide it under that baseboard to get somewhere further into the room away from the door.

Extend the sensor wire

Great idea to hide along the baseboard. We also considered the battery backup, but at that price point we opted to go with an inverter generator to also run the computer and fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.