Yellow jackets in the wood stacks! Eradication.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff looks promising - http://www.yellowjacketnestkiller.com/home-page.html You feed the yellowjackets with a slow acting poison and they fly back and feed all their nasty friends and family and most importantly the queen. I bought some to use this year but they are not swarming our picnic table yet. Have some friends who swear this is most effective thing they have used in a decade of waging this war.

We have been at our place for over 5 years and there have been a few years where they have been beyond obnoxious. I have spent a ton of money on traps and baits - if this stuff works this will be my new tactic!

Reactions: Ashful
Done. Hosed every opening of that part of the pile with spray, hopefully getting pretty deep in there. Then puffed some industrial dehydrator (purchased for carpenter bees) in after that dried up a bit. Not sure if I'll get the queen, but I'll put a hell of a hurting on anyone going in/out.

The real kicker is that I'm finally in a position to start building a wood shed, and I'll need to move this stack to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.