yes or no can you burn pine safely if it is well seasoned?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jpl1nh said:
jkriebel said:
I like to use pine to start my fire or get it back from being almost out. I don't see any harm burning it. If all you did was burn pine low and slow then you could get yourself into trouble.
which is true of most any wood!

Except of course in a Blaze King. ;-)

On low burns, Creosote forms in the stove @ the back but not in the flue. Ya and if somone was to help me if I was to end up with a stove fire, or somthing. :p

north of 60 said:
PINE is our OAK in the north. PINE, POPLAR & BIRCH 90% PINE is our main heat.

I'm with ya, NO60
I try to burn mostly white birch (5 cord in the yard right now, 5 more coming), but nothing wrong with nice dry poplar (our kind, not the crap down south) and pine. Mostly jackpine, but some spruce and white pine stubs here and there. Sometimes some tamarack (larch) and balsam fir also.

Willhound

Status
Not open for further replies.