Your stove recommendations for our Farmhouse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highbeam said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Just FYI - They have a couple different Princesses in stock at Kitsap Lumber right off Loxie-Eagans.

Ah yes, I'm very familiar with that area. The military housing and planned parenthood district, I grew up in Silverdale off of Newberry Hill. What prices were you seeing on that princess in Kitsap?

The dang flue on the BK stoves comes out near the middle which puts the rear of the stove really close to the wall if your flue is built for the standard non-cat stove.

Go take a peek at them and measure while you're there. You could also put a small jog in the flue if need be. Those prices aren't too bad either, I'm sure there's room to work with them as well.

Resistance is futile... :cheese:

Are you trying to heat the entire house or just a portion of it?

I personally don't think a 40K btu stove like the Princess will be large enough to heat the entire house. It will help a good deal, but I think many are discounting the wind. Wind strips the btus out of a house... especially with the large windows and french doors, etc. Also, the stove isn't going to be putting out 40K btus for the entire burn cycle.

The downside is you could easily heat a room to the point of being uncomfortable with a large stove.

Matt

Modest sized house in the PacNW requires a lot less winter heat than central NY. Still, I like having the big guns when it gets cold. The Alderlea is a good fit for this climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.