Anyone order pellets at this site?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks iceman, makes sense I guess.

geek said:
thanks iceman, makes sense I guess.

call him do whatever you think will make it better for you... what do you have to lose by calling... grill him ask questions...after all ITS YOUR MONEY!
ps then tell us what he said..lol and make sure you tell him you belong to a website.. and you will be writing about your conversation

thanks, now the thing is that this other dealer got me thinking about the NE brand, he said NEWP used to be a very reputable company with a great brand but he said he wouldn't recommend that brand any longer due to some quality issues he's seen lately.......wondering how true this is.......

geek said:
thanks, now the thing is that this other dealer got me thinking about the NE brand, he said NEWP used to be a very reputable company with a great brand but he said he wouldn't recommend that brand any longer due to some quality issues he's seen lately.......wondering how true this is.......

i am sure evryone has had some issue at one point in time ( bad batch) but around here people swear on them

I just read this entire thread and called NE Pellets. I got Rick's voicemail so I left a message. Here's hoping I get a call back. I'll be calling all the time until I do (ha ha). Its the best deal. I live near Amherst and he has a location in Chicopee so I think (hope!) he'll deliver here.

I also just called Squier. They have NEWP for $229 until end of April (don't know how much they will be after that) but since they are in Monson she said they wouldn't be able to deliver to me until they had other scheduled deliveries out this way. It would be $85 to deliver 3 tons. That's excessive so I doubt I'll go with them.

Just want to get my pellets bought for the winter so I can quit working on this!

I also filled out the email form on the website which according to someone else's post here, goes to a guy named Steve. I mentioned in my email that ppl on this forum had indicated a lack of response. Well maybe that worked--something did, because I just got a call from Steve. (I told him I left voicemail with Rick and he said Rick rarely works on weekends). Anyway, Steve said he is the owner of the company. He went on and on about the pellet market etc and as iceman already said, he sells at the prices he does because of volume and low overhead. He doesn't like how other dealers up their prices to prey on consumers' fear of oil prices going up (which we all know happens). Anyway, Rick is his dealer in my area so I said, "Well I hope Rick can deliver here" and, since we had talked for a long time, Steve said since he is the one who gets all the orders placed via the website, he will basically make sure it happens! They start delivering the first week of June. I got three tons, at $205 each, no delivery charge or anything. You can shop on the website, pay with paypal, and they will be in touch with you later for delivery.

He explained the difference of the 4 types of pellets listed on the website. The first one is NEWP hardwood. The last one, Warm Front Pellets, are the same as the first one with New England Pellet LLC's own label. The pellets are the same NEWP hardwood.

The 2nd one, green supreme is NEWP in softwood. The third, NEWP with green lettering, is the same product as the one labelled green supreme.

I got a ton each of NEWP (Hardwood), Warm Front (just to see if there really is no diff), and Green Supreme. He said the softwood (GS) does sometimes burns hotter, but doesn't last as long as the hardwood. So I thought mixing might work well. He said folks do that sometimes.

ANyway, I"ll remember to post when they deliver. He said they can lift the pallets off the truck and bring right into the back of my garage. Here's hoping!

This is by far the best deal anywhere around here. I wish my neighbor had waited, she paid $245/ton for 2 tons of Green Supreme, plus $30 delivery for the lot. Ahh well. TOo late now, they have already been delivered to her house.

so with them you pay now but they won't delivery until June?, I like to see my product as soon as I pay, can you confirm?

can I confirm what?

And many places let you order in advance and then get delivery later.

I also don't want them delivered now even if they did; why take up space in the garage.

I was asking if they will deliver in June because that's what it is or because you asked them to hold the delivery for you

oh. Right now, he said, they arent delivering, they are maintaining and working on the trucks. They start delivery in June. Since I live in an area a tad out of the way for them, I won't be picky about when they deliver. I'm guessing though, that if one were to try for a particular time-frame, it would be possible. He said they have trucks going "everywhere all the time." But not til first week of June, starting.

Hi folks, first post here... I've been lurking here for a little while, but registered because I wanted to participate in this thread.

I also filled out the email form on their website a few day ago and I am yet to hear back from them. I'd like to order several tons and I have a friend that would like to do the same, but this spotty customer service has me concerned... Especially when they want you to prepay and then not deliver product for another month or more. I'd feel a lot better if they were just taking orders, or even deposits, but if they can't even return my email or phone call now, blindly giving them a significant amount of money (with no product to deliver) is quickly becoming a hard pill for me to swallow.

Edited for spelling...

Wet1 said:
Hi folks, first post here... I've been lurking here for a little while, but registered because I wanted to participate in this thread.

I also filed out the email form on their website a few day ago and I am yet to hear back from them. I'd like to order several tons and I have a friend that would like to do the same, but this spotty customer service has me concerned... Especially when they want you to prepay and then not deliver product for another month or more. I'd feel a lot better if they were just taking orders, or even deposits, but if they can't even return my email or phone call now, blindly giving them a significant amount of money (with no product to deliver) is quickly becoming a hard pill for me to swallow.

they are a small company and yes you are... but call him
to my understanding its him and one other lady in ct taking orders
i am gonna email them pointing to this thread...

just sent 2 emails letting them know they are being watched by many people lets see what happens...

If you paid via paypal (which is how the website shopping cart is set up) don't forget that you DO have paypal protection. If this guy ends up being a shyster (which I personally doubt) you can file with paypal. I'm not too worried about that really. The only thing I"m a tad concerned about is when or IF I'm going to hear from them before they deliver. I do'nt want them just showing up some day with 3 tons of pellets...especially if I'm not home! I put a message on the paypal form when I paid saying that I expect to hear from him before delivery.

By the way, Steve said he gets about 150 emails a day. Why I got a quick call and you guys haven't heard back ..I don't know. I was just lucky or something or maybe he was replying to email which arrived latest and mine had just come in to him or something, who knows. Anyway I would persist. The deal is too good.

requin said:
If you paid via paypal (which is how the website shopping cart is set up) don't forget that you DO have paypal protection. If this guy ends up being a shyster (which I personally doubt) you can file with paypal. I'm not too worried about that really.

I just want to mention Paypal's protection is just about useless. I recently got screwed by some POS. I bought a video card for $425 and paid through paypal. The card arrived and was a worthless broken paperweight, not even the same item I was told I was buying! I contacted the seller and he was a complete AH and said "tough chit". I filed a dispute with PP and at the end of the day I was told "sorry, we aren't responsible for what you received". After doing some research online, I guess this is pretty much the norm with PP. http://www.paypalsucks.com/

I should also mention that you only have 45 day from the date of payment to file a dispute with Paypal (and not that it would do any good anyway). If you bought today and didn't receive your pellets before mid June, you'd have to file a claim a that point. Since these guys are saying they won't start delivering until sometime after June 1, there's a really good chance you'll be outside the PP "protection" window before you know you've been screwed.

So to make a long story short, I would count on PP for protection!

Anyway...
At the end of the day these guys are probably legit, but they certainly aren't doing much to instill trust by not retuning emails and calls. A couple of folks have said they are good guys, so I'll likely try them out... I would hope there current customer service (or lack there of) can be explained and will improve going forward.

well gee, I feel really good about ordering now! (not!). Everyone seems to think I will get ripped off. Well maybe I will and maybe I won't. But I think the guy is legit. How could he be in business if he wasn't? All it would take is one rip off and word would spread like wild fire.

And I do'nt need anyone on here saying, "How do you even know he's really in business?!!" I mean come on, there is a limit to the necessary negativity.

Let's all just hope my experience with this seller is a good one, ok people???

requin said:
well gee, I feel really good about ordering now! (not!). Everyone seems to think I will get ripped off. Well maybe I will and maybe I won't. But I think the guy is legit. How could he be in business if he wasn't? All it would take is one rip off and word would spread like wild fire.

And I do'nt need anyone on here saying, "How do you even know he's really in business?!!" I mean come on, there is a limit to the necessary negativity.

Let's all just hope my experience with this seller is a good one, ok people???

i will be driving by his chicopee location, and he knows some people i do so i will be ordering because i can get to him if he goes off the deep end

Like I said, I think this is probably a legit business with owners that have good intentions... I would just feel a lot more comfortable if they had more history, returned calls & emails, and didn't want you to pay upfront for a product that may not be delivered for month(s).

At this point I'm going to give them some time to return my messages before I give up on them. If anyone has more info, please keep us in the loop. It would certainly be more reassuring to hear from veteran forum members that have prepaid with them in the past (new forum members tend to make me wonder if there's a hidden agenda...)

iceman said:
i will be driving by his chicopee location, and he knows some people i do so i will be ordering because i can get to him if he goes off the deep end

cool deal, iceman. I don't live far from chicopee either.

Let us know when you order ok?

I'm going to try to get back in touch with Steve again and tell him about the ongoing concern here about lack of communication. As well, I'm going to reconfirm with him that my order is good to go. I'm also going to contact Rick (in Chicopee, since I did not speak with him yet) and make sure all is good. Steve assured me that as the 'owner' he would make sure delivery took place in my area; they come this way anyway. That would be Rick's operation so I want to make sure.

Wet1 said:
(new forum members tend to make me wonder if there's a hidden agenda...)

huh?? That's a bit insulting and across the board don't you think?? As well, iceman has over 600 posts..dont you think he counts as a "veteran member"?

requin said:
Wet1 said:
(new forum members tend to make me wonder if there's a hidden agenda...)

huh?? That's a bit insulting and across the board don't you think?? As well, iceman has over 600 posts..dont you think he counts as a "veteran member"?

No, I think you took this the wrong way... Look at my join date, I just joined myself. What I was saying is I'd be a little sceptical of someone that just joined and said what a great historical experience they've had with the outfit in question... that would seem very fishy to me. On the flip side, if someone like Iceman, who's been around for a while, said they are solid based on his actual experience, I'd respect the feedback since you know he's not a shill for the company. Does that make more sense? Do disrespect was intended...

well he emailed me back
he is for real pm me email and i will forwad them to you

if you check the web site there is an order number and a office number we receive around 250 orders a week at the present time and are setting our truck routs, I can't tell people were to buy, the prices are good until June 1st if you check with other dealers in the area i sure they have other brands, i only sell New England products. Thanks Steve

that was part of one email

people are always looking for the best price when it comes to pellets, The first question i get is how much, The second is what type? I get around 125 emails a day from Maine, NY,NJ all
over the north east due to my prices, I sell around 15,000 tons in the area and haven't had one problem with the NewEngland Product, If some dealers are over charging like the oil producers that not my problem, My problem when i first started this Co was look at how many people are getting screwed by over pricing , The reason i can do what i do is i sell volume, which most dealers don't even come close to the numbers that i move , Its work well for the Co due to the support from the people that i service and "The Fair Price" Thanks Steve

this was another specifically addressing the forums as i pointed this out to him

He is real... i am ordering 3 tons for me and with all of my friends together it will be about 26 tons
HE IS REAL THE BUSINESS IS LEGIT IF YOU NEED TO CALL HIM

another thing lets stop with second guessing..i have no agenda besides ordering from the guy..no one i have seen can come close to the price... so seeing he moves alot of pellets he isn't gonna care whether we buy from him or not.... so to each his own if
one feels better buying from someone else ... then do it... do what makes you feel better ...its YOUR money so do what you feel is best.... thats what it comes down to... i have spoke to him ...and in this small world know some common people ...I am excited and want to buy more outta fear prices will go up... i wish i could get a couple years worth!
Disclaimer.... i am not trying to offend anyone here just passing info...... He is not someone i know ...i have spoken with him pn the phone and email... because i am from the area i do know exactly where the warehouse is...
goodluck in yourpellet shopping and may the force be with you!

thanks iceman.

I just got a call from Rick too. He said just about all the things iceman just posted as email replies he received from STeve and/or Rick. Rick told me he was in law enforcement just like iceman had said in an earlier post.

All I have to say is I trust these guys and I'm glad I ordered. What happens with the website order I placed is that Steve hands it off to Rick (since Rick delivers in my area). Rick then calls me and asks more details (when do I want delivery, where, etc). So we were able to take care of all of that on the phone.

I told him a few times about the concern people on this forum have had with unreturned email and phone calls. I mentioned that maybe it would be a good idea to have, at least, an automated email reply saying "thanks for your email, we will get back to you as soon as possible, we get over 150 email a day but we appreciate your question/comments" that sort of thing. Rick doesn't work on the website, Steve does, and Rick said he'd pass that idea on to Steve. Rick did say they are going to be putting the specs of each type of pellet they sell, on the website within the next few weeks. The Warm Front is their own private label of the NEWP (premium hardwood) and the specs will show that.

I agree with iceman--choose where you want to buy your pellets, wherever you feel comfortable with. But as iceman said, this is the BEST DEAL around here (western Mass) that I've yet seen, for a well-established brand of pellets. Both of these franchise owners called me back on the weekend when they don't even normally work. That's pretty good customer service so far.

And just to calm some strange ideas--disclaimer: I am NOT affiliated in any way with New England Pellets LLC. I am simply a pellet stove owner trying to find a good deal on pellets. You all can buy wherever pleases you most. Happy pellet hunting!

oh, and I forgot to mention that I did talk to Rick about the concern (very real) of paying upfront. He said in his case, he is willing to take just a deposit up front, even by check, if that eases someone's mind. Then you'd pay the balance upon delivery.
So I could have gone that route if I had waited for Rick to call me back. (But I didn't know if he would, after reading all the posts here!). Anyway, I'm ok with going via the website, my pellets are paid for, I've been in touch with the company, and I will hear from him in the summer for delivery. Load off my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.