Free Samples Of Super Cedar Firestarters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received the samples today, thanks! Can't wait to give them a try..

crazy_dan said:
...If you only start a fire once a year then splitting a few splits into some kindling then you don't need much kindling

That's an interesting concept, but unfortunately it's not my reality. I have only softwoods available to me, so getting a true "overnight burn" is pretty tough. Where I live in the high desert, we have wide temperature swings from day to night (example: overnight tonight temps are expected to dip into the teens, and tomorrow we're looking at nearly 70 for a high). With weather like that, I simply have to let the fire I build in the morning die sometime in the afternoon, or I'd just be burning wood with all the doors and windows open. Consequently, I build fires pretty much from scratch every morning. Our winter will get plenty cold soon, but we have what some would consider very wide "shoulders" here. Super Cedars are a great product for the me and the way I need to manage my burning. Rick

Just got mine and am excited to try them! :)

Tried one over the weekend. Burns hotter and lasts longer than the firestarters I usually get from Lowes. Broke one in half it still did a good job of lighting up my Kidlin Kids...

Once I use up my firestarters, I'm gonna order up some.. :)

I tried mine the other day and although I am hard to please, I like them. They light real easy compared to the starters I get at wally world and burn better/ longer.
Now where did I put that WW reciept for the box I just bought? :)

Got mine last thurs. they work great! Thanks, Trev

My sample came today.
Thanks a bunch. I actually hate to burn em, as they smell so good.
I grew up close to a lumber yard that sold alot of cedar. Still to this
day love that smell.

Thanks again
Brad

Thanks for the fire starters. They showed up in the mail only a couple of days after e-mailing my address. Good deal.

Sending email, thanks!

Email sent, Thank you.

I just received my box of 100 today! They are doing double duty. Storing the whole box, opened, in my clothes closet!

Got mine! These work GREAT.

The ONLY thing that I would like different is its big. I run a russian (masonary) fireplace so I have to light 2 fires every day. I broke up the firestarter into pieces but it wasn't very easy or clean. If you guys sold MINI starters or something that would be awesome!! Anything like that in your future?

next paycheck.. I am ordering up some of your starters. I can break them into pieces

I used a half of a free sample for my first fire last weekend. Smaller ones would probably be better just because I don't need that huge thing.. half a piece lit easily, burned brightly, and lit my kindling just fine.

Placed an order for a big box of 'em :) Thanks.

Just another testimony. I bought 100 over the summer. I haven't used a piece of newspaper since. I put 1/4 of a piece right in the front middle of the stove where the primary air dumps into my Olympic, put a couple small pieces of wood behind it and bigger stuff on top. Light it, shut the door, and it's like having a blowtorch blowing on the wood for quite a long time. It works 100% of the time and I am a convert.

I agree that I would MUCH rather buy a gallon container full of loose 1/4 or 1/3 size chunks than the huge pieces individually wrapped. They are a bit messy when you break them up and it's a lot of unnecessary packaging. I can't imagine ever using a whole piece for a fire. I bet I could get away with 1/8 of a piece if I could easily break it into pieces that small.

Patapsco Mike said:
Just another testimony. I bought 100 over the summer. I haven't used a piece of newspaper since. I put 1/4 of a piece right in the front middle of the stove where the primary air dumps into my Olympic, put a couple small pieces of wood behind it and bigger stuff on top. Light it, shut the door, and it's like having a blowtorch blowing on the wood for quite a long time. It works 100% of the time and I am a convert.

I agree that I would MUCH rather buy a gallon container full of loose 1/4 or 1/3 size chunks than the huge pieces individually wrapped. They are a bit messy when you break them up and it's a lot of unnecessary packaging. I can't imagine ever using a whole piece for a fire. I bet I could get away with 1/8 of a piece if I could easily break it into pieces that small.

I hope to be able to satisfy your requests in the future. However at this time I will have to say that we have a much larger market in the outdoor world that requires a full one. How about I work on a small device that you set the whole puck in and push down on a lever that quarters it. It could also catch the crumbs.
I do have GREEN 72 count available with no packaging. I also can sell the bulk material in bags, take a pinch and light it as you request.

Thanks for your support.
Thomas

I just cut open the plastic all around the top with scissors, then use Thomas's score marks as a guide to sort of "saw" it with a utility knife in both directions, then it breaks into quarters pretty darned cleanly...very few crumbs, and very easy to do in very little time. I keep a bunch in a little plastic tray near the stove. Way less work than doing the old crumple up the newspaper thing, and I will never ever do the tie the newspaper bow ties thing again. Rick

Thanks, they arrived today; now we just need an excuse for the fire to go out so we can try them. Unfortunately, down to 20 tonight so it'll have to wait...!

Status
Not open for further replies.