Free Samples Of Super Cedar Firestarters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FJLayes625 said:
I just sent a email...hope you still have some would like to try them out..thanks alot

Oh, I suspect Thomas has more Super Cedars than any of us can imagine. ;-P Rick

I also suspect that he's running his tail off right now, filling customer orders for wood and Idehoe logs.

These Starters are the BEST!!! I was hooked immediately last year when I got my samples! I only need 1/2 of one! Thomas, any word on extra scoring of the Starters? If I can remember correctly, you were possibly thinking of purchasing a new machine that would do more than the 1/2 score of each Starter! Just curious... I still have plenty left over from last winter...but I'll definitely be re-ordering way before I run out! Thanks for such an EXCELLENT product!!!!!

I use 1/4 puck. Utility knife cuts almost all the way through (sort of a "sawing" motion), then just break into quarters. Got a little box I keep my quarters in. Is that all your real hair? Dang, it's gorgeous! Rick

fossil said:
FJLayes625 said:
I just sent a email...hope you still have some would like to try them out..thanks alot[/qu

Oh, I suspect Thomas has more Super Cedars than any of us can imagine. ;-P Rick

We are happy to send new members our free samples. We still have plenty!
Thomas

fossil said:
I use 1/4 puck. Utility knife cuts almost all the way through (sort of a "sawing" motion), then just break into quarters. Got a little box I keep my quarters in. Is that all your real hair? Dang, it's gorgeous! Rick
Hello Rick,

The Super Cedar has a slight score for breaking into quarters. It is on the side under the label. I find them to break in half and then again into quarters quite easily.

We do have some commercial accounts that require us to halve them for their portion control. We do this after they are wrapped and then they are pushed with a air cylinder through the band saw and down a trough into boxes. This may seem like a slow process to some but the unique blend of cedar and highly refined parrafin we use requires this production method. This is why they burn clean and start fast. Oxygen RICH! Other methods pack the starter to tight or they require to much paraffin.
Try cutting them on your band saw.

Thomas

fossil said:

Oh ya, I don't have any hair. I use wax to remove it!
Thomas

NW Fuels said:
fossil said:
Hello Rick,

The Super Cedar has a slight score for breaking into quarters. It is on the side under the label. I find them to break in half and then again into quarters quite easily.

We do have some commercial accounts that require us to halve them for their portion control. We do this after they are wrapped and then they are pushed with a air cylinder through the band saw and down a trough into boxes. This may seem like a slow process to some but the unique blend of cedar and highly refined parrafin we use requires this production method. This is why they burn clean and start fast. Oxygen RICH! Other methods pack the starter to tight or they require to much paraffin.

Thomas

I don't have any trouble quartering them, I use the scores as a guide for my knife and get fewer "crumbs", and I love them. (BTW, I wasn't talking about your hair, Thomas, I was reacting to a real close look at MsBree's avatar.) Keep pressin' them little jewels out! Rick

fossil said:
NW Fuels said:
fossil said:
Hello Rick,

Thomas

I don't have any trouble quartering them, I use the scores as a guide for my knife and get fewer "crumbs", and I love them. (BTW, I wasn't talking about your hair, Thomas, I was reacting to a real close look at MsBree's avatar.) Keep pressin' them little jewels out! Rick

You guys are just too funny! Yeah, that's my real hair...curls and all! Gotta keep it back or up before putting my upper body anywhere near that hot stove when refueling! Can you imagine??? OMG!!!!! Thanks for the compliment Rick!!! :)

Sent my email . Hope I'm not too late Thanks.

NW Fuels said:
Rick, I will tell you a way to get more free ones. I know the Blaze King stoves come with a few free ones and so does the Woodhaven firewood racks. Hope this helps!

I see alot of smoke coming from your area when flying over.
Thomas

Hello Thomas,
I have tried your firestarters and they do work well and I am wondering if you give discounts to Hearth.Com members?

Ray

Hello Ray, I would love to help the members some how. I cannot discount the price at this time. Paraffin prices have doubled the last 4 months and shipping has also increased. The price to ship a 100 ct case to the east coast is approx.$27.00 plus I see a lot of rural destination add ons of $2.00 to $4.00 with fuel surcharge. This is included in the price we charge of $64.85 for the 100ct delivered to their door.
I do have this idea.
I could ship a pallet (48 cases) to your area and you or someone would see a substantial discount due to shipping fees saved. The members could contact you for the product and discounts.

Thomas

NW Fuels said:
Hello Ray, I would love to help the members some how. I cannot discount the price at this time. Paraffin prices have doubled the last 4 months and shipping has also increased. The price to ship a 100 ct case to the east coast is approx.$27.00 plus I see a lot of rural destination add ons of $2.00 to $4.00 with fuel surcharge. This is included in the price we charge of $64.85 for the 100ct delivered to their door.
I do have this idea.
I could ship a pallet (48 cases) to your area and you or someone would see a substantial discount due to shipping fees saved. The members could contact you for the product and discounts.

Thomas

Interesting idea Thomas.. A distribution network may be a good idea and business strategy plus drive the prices down.. How much does it cost to ship a pallet of 48 cases to the east coast?

Ray

Thanks for the samples. It's been pretty warm last couple days. I'm sure I'll try in the next couple of days.

email sent - thanks

I'm on this bandwagon ... looking forward to trying it out. thanks!

I received my case last week. The free sample hooked me for life...

Status
Not open for further replies.