Looking for advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... bit of a tough time after my post last night. Taking a last look at the P43 I realized that the floor protection requirements were more than I had thought. There's actually a discrepancy in the P-Series brochure which I didn't pick up on until late last night. So....back to the task of looking for a stove with a small footprint. I don't like the fact that footprint is so critical but as I've said previously, the main floor isn't user friendly for a stove. I was really disappointed when I discovered my/their mistake. You know, you finally make a decision after a lot of thought (possibly too much!!) and then something throws a wrench into the plan!! Really stinks!!

So long story short, I have purchased the Accentra. Somehow, even with all the research I did, I missed the fact that they have an optional cast hearth pad which has a very small footprint. I couldn't find anything smaller pushing the same BTU's other than the special order Enviro Evolution. After going to the dealer and seeing both models on the floor, I'm actually pretty happy with the Accentra. I'm not sure how I feel about the cast versus steel but I really like the clean look. I guess as importantly (maybe more), wifey likes it better than the P43.

So tomorrow night at this time, I'll be a pellet burner!! I'm really excited...can't wait!!

Dexter...can you tell your wife you're buying the P38 to resell it, you know, make a buck. My wife is quick to point out when I forget things so....you forgot to sell it...opps.

jumpingin said:
Wow... bit of a tough time after my post last night. Taking a last look at the P43 I realized that the floor protection requirements were more than I had thought. There's actually a discrepancy in the P-Series brochure which I didn't pick up on until late last night. So....back to the task of looking for a stove with a small footprint. I don't like the fact that footprint is so critical but as I've said previously, the main floor isn't user friendly for a stove. I was really disappointed when I discovered my/their mistake. You know, you finally make a decision after a lot of thought (possibly too much!!) and then something throws a wrench into the plan!! Really stinks!!

So long story short, I have purchased the Accentra. Somehow, even with all the research I did, I missed the fact that they have an optional cast hearth pad which has a very small footprint. I couldn't find anything smaller pushing the same BTU's other than the special order Enviro Evolution. After going to the dealer and seeing both models on the floor, I'm actually pretty happy with the Accentra. I'm not sure how I feel about the cast versus steel but I really like the clean look. I guess as importantly (maybe more), wifey likes it better than the P43.

So tomorrow night at this time, I'll be a pellet burner!! I'm really excited...can't wait!!

Dexter...can you tell your wife you're buying the P38 to resell it, you know, make a buck. My wife is quick to point out when I forget things so....you forgot to sell it...opps.

She knows me better than that. I bought my Old Englander with intentions to clean and sell (thats what I told her). Then the Fahrenheit, then the Englander 30-NC. All 3 of those stoves, were bought with 2 months (March-April) last Spring. So another stove.. Not happening. My Father is looking into it. I got him a 25-PDV this Fall (Traded an old Timberline woodstove for it). So now that he loves the pellet thing. He is looking to upgrade already.

Congratulations on the stove. Harman makes a top notch product.

Waiting for pics..... 24 hrs should be plenty.

Yeah...not much fooling my wife anymore either. I'm taking tomorrow off in anticipation of the install. I try to figure out how to post pics in the AM so I can meet the deadline!!

jumpingin said:
I'm taking tomorrow off in anticipation of the install.

Gonna be like Christmas all over again!

DexterDay said:
My Father is looking into it. I got him a 25-PDV this Fall (Traded an old Timberline woodstove for it). So now that he loves the pellet thing. He is looking to upgrade already.

Boy the apple don't fall far from the tree does it?? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.