New England Pellet LLC. Enfield/Suffield Ct.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wet1 said:
Should you decide to join me on Monday morning, here's the start of my list...

BBB online complaint form:
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

State of CT AG office:
Office of the
Attorney General
55 Elm Street
Hartford, Connecticut
Telephone:
(860) 808-5318
To file a complaint, you need to send a letter outlining the situation to the AG office (at the above address, addressed to "Public Inquiry"), they need this to get the ball rolling.

Channel 3 I-Team Investigations Get Results
E-Mail: [email protected]
Call The I-Team: 860-244-1780

Ch 30
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/about_us/

Ch 8
http://www.wtnh.com/Global/category.asp?C=1197&nav=menu29_10

Ch 61
http://www.fox61.com/pages/contact_us/

And then we have the newspapers...

Start with the AG's office first. They have more bite!

LEES WOOD-CO said:
Wet1 said:
Should you decide to join me on Monday morning, here's the start of my list...

BBB online complaint form:
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

State of CT AG office:
Office of the
Attorney General
55 Elm Street
Hartford, Connecticut
Telephone:
(860) 808-5318
To file a complaint, you need to send a letter outlining the situation to the AG office (at the above address, addressed to "Public Inquiry"), they need this to get the ball rolling.

Channel 3 I-Team Investigations Get Results
E-Mail: [email protected]
Call The I-Team: 860-244-1780

Ch 30
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/about_us/

Ch 8
http://www.wtnh.com/Global/category.asp?C=1197&nav=menu29_10

Ch 61
http://www.fox61.com/pages/contact_us/

And then we have the newspapers...

Start with the AG's office first. They have more bite!

And all of you need to participate. The more complaints they get in a short time the better.

BS. I started today; I'm not waiting until Monday. The heating season began late this year as it was; not until the middle of October for me. I should have had my pellets delivered no later than September. This is unforgivable and inexcusable. I will not order New England Pellet's next year and I don't care who is selling them. I dealt with Allison or whatever her name is from New England Pellet in NH about another issue prior to Steve owning the company. She was helpful. If she or the national company can't help with the local distributor then I want nothing to do with New England Pellet Co. Like I said, I started today to notify and get the word out in the market.

I posted on the www.masslive.com in the town/city forums regarding the poor customer service, etc. from New England Pellets LLC Enfield/Suffield CT. and the website deleted all of my posts. I posted in several places mostly the towns and cities that border CT. Masslive deleted all the posts so do I assume that The Republican finds this as unnews worthy?

splash said:
I posted on the www.masslive.com in the town/city forums regarding the poor customer service, etc. from New England Pellets LLC Enfield/Suffield CT. and the website deleted all of my posts. I posted in several places mostly the towns and cities that border CT. Masslive deleted all the posts so do I assume that The Republican finds this as unnews worthy?

call Chanel 3.they are doing a story about a bridal shop not talking to there customers

Not only did masslive.com delete all of my posts on the forums but they will not allow me to post anything under any of my Pseudonyms under any of the towns/cities. Even if I post a general message and don't name the company or the product, I am refused posting rights. This certainly doesn't sound like Freedom of Speech to me.

splash said:
Not only did masslive.com delete all of my posts on the forums but they will not allow me to post anything under any of my Pseudonyms under any of the towns/cities. Even if I post a general message and don't name the company or the product, I am refused posting rights. This certainly doesn't sound like Freedom of Speech to me.
Freedom of speech and freedom to post are different. Is masslive.com a public venue or is it owned by someone? If it's a private venture they can decide what they allow and what they won't - it's got nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Does anyone take Civics anymore? <sigh>

DiggerJim said:
splash said:
Freedom of speech and freedom to post are different. Is masslive.com a public venue or is it owned by someone? If it's a private venture they can decide what they allow and what they won't - it's got nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Does anyone take Civics anymore? <sigh>

Well, yes it is owned by local newspaper. It is the website for The Republican which is the daily/Sunday newspaper for the greater Springfield, MA area. It was a truth post of what is happening to me and to others via New England Pellets.
It's been a very long time since I sat in a Civics class.
I had an email reply from the Channel 3 which said:
"Your complaint about New England Pellet was forwarded to me. I can definitely investigate, but before I do, I want to make sure you'd be willing to do an interview with us on camera. We could set up a convenient time once I'm able to get to the bottom of the delays. Please let me know. Thanks, Eric Parker ReporterChannel 3 Eyewitness News 860.244.1786 [email protected]"

If anyone is interested in being on camera and telling their story regarding New England Pellets, please contact Eric Parker at the phone # or email listed above.
I would like to follow up but I am a single woman and would not be happy to have to move 3 tons of pellet myself when New England Pellet gets mad and dumps them in my driveway sometime in the middle of the winter. I need my pellets now. Once I received my pellets I will be happy to share my story on TV.

Dick said:
Just got the first 7 tons, other five for the brother in law suppose to be this afternoon!!!!

NEP LLC might be checking this thread and all our frustrations.....lol

..glad for you...!!

Okay, enough! Hubby spoke to NEP LLC today. New delivery date has changed from end of October to 1st week of December! splash, thanks for the info, we may need it. :mad:

Ooohh...mad smiley...that's so not me. :red:

Wet1 said:
DiggerJim said:
As I recall, there was someone on here earlier this year who was defending them to the hilt - knew the owner, liked, was a stand up guy, etc. etc. etc. I haven't seen him weigh in on this thread yet. Also think I saw one of the owners themselves join & defend themselves with a lot of mumbo jumbo about doing what's right, being fair, not taking advantage of anyone, yada yada yada. Haven't seen either one of them weigh in on this thread. Makes one wonder where they went.

It's a bummer too because they're really close to me and I almost gave them a shot. Ended up going to a guy a bit further away and he was aces so I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet on this one.

I think that was in this thread:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/16863/

I knew there was one or two guys defending them and I haven't heard anything from them either (anyone seen our friend "Iceman"?) I don't recall the owner posting here, but I'd love to hear his comments at this point.

Like I said earlier, I think these guys will come through, it's just a matter of "when". In the mean time, I'm not in the least impressed with their customer service up to this point!!!

usually you can find the ICEMAN on the woodstove side..... i am not affliated with this company in anyway, however the company is real.. this is my 2 cents while it might not make you happy. this was a small business that expanded rather quickly due to the demand for pellets this year... i have personally been at hd, lowes tractor supply over the summer and early fall and told there was a wait for pellets... this guy has apparently taken orders (guessing) for at least 20,000 + tons... many of you forget that there are only so many pellet mills around..many pellets come from the same place different bag and company name on them.. now the big box store are getting pellets in stock so i would assume he is too... however delivering all over the place with say 10 trucks when people (a good majority) are ordering 4+ tons ... i don't think he has 10 trucks that can deliver 22 tons even so thats only 5 4 ton deliveries on 1 truck x 10= 50 tons a day assuming everything goes well and even so prolly can't do that much in a day depending on travel dist etc.... now IAM NOT SAYING THAT WHAT HE IS DOING IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS i agree this should have been handled diff... BUT he is running with minimum staff etc TO SAVE YOU MONEY ... his great deals are prolly gonna be his downfall... but if you check around here(mass) its hard to get firewood! due to DEMAND...
if i recall you can go and pick up pellets... i know its not for everyone but those of you close by .. try to pick them up.. it may cost you more money (to get a trailer or truck) and time but at least you will have it.. and THEN if you get the flim flam DEMAND your money back!
on another note i have seen his trucks on the highway headed towards the mass pike several times in the morning while i am going to work at about 645am the trucks i have seen only maybe 8 tons (6 maybe) the were not big trucks.. so if thats all he has and joe smoo from pittsfield orders that load thats at least 3hrs there and back (total) in which that driver might not make more than 3 deliveries in a day..... but if i can remember i will try to go by there since i am very close to enfield and i know you can pick up there .. as a matter of fact i will see if i can buy and pickup at the same time.....
i know many of you are pissed but look around... people are WAITING MONTHS FOR PELLET STOVES WOODSTOVES ETC so there has to be someone on here that got theres..

go to i witness news.get your money or your pellets. end it/

johnnywarm said:

I would like to go to I witness news but I don't want pellets dropped at just anywhere at my house and then have to move several tons. I fear retaliation.

splash said:
johnnywarm said:

I would like to go to I witness news but I don't want pellets dropped at just anywhere at my house and then have to move several tons. I fear retaliation.

its your call or your money in thee pockets.i hope for all the member's here they dont go belly up :long:

i don't think he is going belly up he just took on more than he could handle and the pellet crunch over the summer early fall set him back even more...
around western mass many stores were sold out of pellets in august and were making lists... now imagine this guy trying to fill orders.... when he was 50 less a ton ... he got smacked.. hd in enfoeld ct got 48 tons of pellets less than 2 weeks ago---- 11/01 all gone so the rush is still going... guy at hd said he was surprised the 48 tons lasted almost 2 weeks....

iceman said:
i don't think he is going belly up he just took on more than he could handle and the pellet crunch over the summer early fall set him back even more...
around western mass many stores were sold out of pellets in august and were making lists... now imagine this guy trying to fill orders.... when he was 50 less a ton ... he got smacked..
Maybe he should have taken a class in honesty while he was waiting for his pellet orders. The delays are one thing, the lying, evasions, unanswered calls, etc. are what got everyone all riled up. The delays could have been dealt with, the dishonesty not so much.

DiggerJim said:
iceman said:
around western mass many stores were sold out of pellets in august and were making lists... now imagine this guy trying to fill orders.... when he was 50 less a ton ... he got smacked..
Maybe he should have taken a class in honesty while he was waiting for his pellet orders. The delays are one thing, the lying, evasions, unanswered calls, etc. are what got everyone all riled up. The delays could have been dealt with, the dishonesty not so much.

Bingo :snake: .

at this point with oil being down i would want my money back now.

In my search to find pellets, I discovered this article by Channel 3 (CBS) in Springfield, MA that one of their news reporters, Liz Tufts, gave on September 18, 2008. She references New England Pellets in NH in this story.

By Liz Tufts
Story Published: Sep 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM EST

Story Updated: Sep 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM EST

Sharron Cochran has been heating her Monson home with wood pellets for the past three years. She estimates she saves about 15-hundred dollars every winter, but this year she fear she'll have to fire up her oil burning furnace again because there's not enough pellets to go around.

"The pellets have saved a lot of money, but I only have 2 tons and we use 4 tons during the winter, " says Cochran.

Just as more people switched to wood pellets, the price of them went up, and the supply went down. To help meet the high demand, New England Wood Pellet, a pellet manufacturer based in New Hampshire, has started running its machines 24 hours a day and reopened its packaging plant in Palmer.

" We are packaging about 100 tons a day , which is enough fuel to keep 25 new homes a day warm for the winter, " says Niebling.

Charlie Niebling says they closed the plant last year because demand was low due to a mild winter.

But because of this year's shortage, they re-started production in less than a week.

But the pellet orders are piling up. Niebling says the shortage should end in the next few months, but until then, Cochran hopes the she'll have enough pellets for this winter.

"I feel sorry for anyone on low income, I can't see how they can afford heat a house spending thousands in a 10 month period, " adds Cochran.

splash said:
In my search to find pellets, I discovered this article by Channel 3 (CBS) in Springfield, MA that one of their news reporters, Liz Tufts, gave on September 18, 2008. She references New England Pellets in NH in this story.
Unfortunately for New England Wood Pellet (the Jaffrey NH company that makes pellets), the Suffield CT operation's name is close enough (New England Pellet LLC) that they are often confused. Something that works to the advantage of the trolls in Suffield and the detriment of NEWP. The folks in New Hampshire are honest. That doesn't seem to be the case with the folks in Suffield.

DiggerJim said:
splash said:
Unfortunately for New England Wood Pellet (the Jaffrey NH company that makes pellets), the Suffield CT operation's name is close enough (New England Pellet LLC) that they are often confused. Something that works to the advantage of the trolls in Suffield and the detriment of NEWP. The folks in New Hampshire are honest. That doesn't seem to be the case with the folks in Suffield.

Do you need there office address in sufield??or what it was???or still could be??

johnnywarm said:
Do you need there office address in sufield??or what it was???or still could be??
According to the Secretary of State's office, the business address is 1654 KING ST., ENFIELD, CT, 06082 but it's owned by STEPHEN E. ZACZYNSKI and he's the agent for service at his residence 703 BOSTON NECK ROAD, SUFFIELD, CT, 06078 which also happens to be the business mailing address. It was incorporated 5/15/2007 by the way.

DiggerJim said:
johnnywarm said:
According to the Secretary of State's office, the business address is 1654 KING ST., ENFIELD, CT, 06082 but it's owned by STEPHEN E. ZACZYNSKI and he's the agent for service at his residence 703 BOSTON NECK ROAD, SUFFIELD, CT, 06078 which also happens to be the business mailing address. It was incorporated 5/15/2007 by the way.

there web site Had or had?? 127 thompsonville rd Suffield ct

Status
Not open for further replies.