1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New England Pellet LLC. Enfield/Suffield Ct.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by paulslush, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Start with the AG's office first. They have more bite!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Panhandler

Panhandler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WV Northern Panhandle
    And all of you need to participate. The more complaints they get in a short time the better.
  3. DiggerJim

DiggerJim Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northcentral Connecticut
    Try watchdog@courant.com - that's the Gombassy guy who does the Watchdog series a couple/three times a week. He's the one who got Northeast Utilities to fess up they had lots of bad meters out there and didn't want to test them.
  4. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    BS. I started today; I'm not waiting until Monday. The heating season began late this year as it was; not until the middle of October for me. I should have had my pellets delivered no later than September. This is unforgivable and inexcusable. I will not order New England Pellet's next year and I don't care who is selling them. I dealt with Allison or whatever her name is from New England Pellet in NH about another issue prior to Steve owning the company. She was helpful. If she or the national company can't help with the local distributor then I want nothing to do with New England Pellet Co. Like I said, I started today to notify and get the word out in the market.
  5. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    I posted on the www.masslive.com in the town/city forums regarding the poor customer service, etc. from New England Pellets LLC Enfield/Suffield CT. and the website deleted all of my posts. I posted in several places mostly the towns and cities that border CT. Masslive deleted all the posts so do I assume that The Republican finds this as unnews worthy?
  6. johnnywarm

johnnywarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut

call Chanel 3.they are doing a story about a bridal shop not talking to there customers
  7. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    Not only did masslive.com delete all of my posts on the forums but they will not allow me to post anything under any of my Pseudonyms under any of the towns/cities. Even if I post a general message and don't name the company or the product, I am refused posting rights. This certainly doesn't sound like Freedom of Speech to me.
  8. DiggerJim

Loc:
    Northcentral Connecticut
    Freedom of speech and freedom to post are different. Is masslive.com a public venue or is it owned by someone? If it's a private venture they can decide what they allow and what they won't - it's got nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Does anyone take Civics anymore? <sigh>
  9. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    Well, yes it is owned by local newspaper. It is the website for The Republican which is the daily/Sunday newspaper for the greater Springfield, MA area. It was a truth post of what is happening to me and to others via New England Pellets.
    It's been a very long time since I sat in a Civics class.
    I had an email reply from the Channel 3 which said:
    "Your complaint about New England Pellet was forwarded to me. I can definitely investigate, but before I do, I want to make sure you'd be willing to do an interview with us on camera. We could set up a convenient time once I'm able to get to the bottom of the delays. Please let me know. Thanks, Eric Parker ReporterChannel 3 Eyewitness News 860.244.1786 eric.parker@wfsb.com"

If anyone is interested in being on camera and telling their story regarding New England Pellets, please contact Eric Parker at the phone # or email listed above.
    I would like to follow up but I am a single woman and would not be happy to have to move 3 tons of pellet myself when New England Pellet gets mad and dumps them in my driveway sometime in the middle of the winter. I need my pellets now. Once I received my pellets I will be happy to share my story on TV.
  10. techsol

techsol New Member

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    Just got the first 7 tons, other five for the brother in law suppose to be this afternoon!!!!
  11. geek

geek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    NEP LLC might be checking this thread and all our frustrations.....lol

..glad for you...!!
  12. techsol

techsol New Member

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    I'd probably bet on it, Alyson from the manufacturer NEP said they watch it!

Well, Watertown is now delivered, next five in Thomaston! I hope today!
  13. Lorilooo

Lorilooo Member

Loc:
    North Central CT
    Okay, enough! Hubby spoke to NEP LLC today. New delivery date has changed from end of October to 1st week of December! splash, thanks for the info, we may need it. :mad:

Ooohh...mad smiley...that's so not me. :red:
  14. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
  15. johnnywarm

Loc:
    Connecticut
    go to i witness news.get your money or your pellets. end it/
  16. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    I would like to go to I witness news but I don't want pellets dropped at just anywhere at my house and then have to move several tons. I fear retaliation.
  17. johnnywarm

Loc:
    Connecticut
    its your call or your money in thee pockets.i hope for all the member's here they dont go belly up :long:
  18. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    i don't think he is going belly up he just took on more than he could handle and the pellet crunch over the summer early fall set him back even more...
    around western mass many stores were sold out of pellets in august and were making lists... now imagine this guy trying to fill orders.... when he was 50 less a ton ... he got smacked.. hd in enfoeld ct got 48 tons of pellets less than 2 weeks ago---- 11/01 all gone so the rush is still going... guy at hd said he was surprised the 48 tons lasted almost 2 weeks....
  19. DiggerJim

Loc:
    Northcentral Connecticut
    Maybe he should have taken a class in honesty while he was waiting for his pellet orders. The delays are one thing, the lying, evasions, unanswered calls, etc. are what got everyone all riled up. The delays could have been dealt with, the dishonesty not so much.
  20. johnnywarm

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Bingo :snake: .

at this point with oil being down i would want my money back now.
  21. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    In my search to find pellets, I discovered this article by Channel 3 (CBS) in Springfield, MA that one of their news reporters, Liz Tufts, gave on September 18, 2008. She references New England Pellets in NH in this story.

By Liz Tufts
    Story Published: Sep 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM EST

Story Updated: Sep 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM EST

Sharron Cochran has been heating her Monson home with wood pellets for the past three years. She estimates she saves about 15-hundred dollars every winter, but this year she fear she'll have to fire up her oil burning furnace again because there's not enough pellets to go around.

"The pellets have saved a lot of money, but I only have 2 tons and we use 4 tons during the winter, " says Cochran.

Just as more people switched to wood pellets, the price of them went up, and the supply went down. To help meet the high demand, New England Wood Pellet, a pellet manufacturer based in New Hampshire, has started running its machines 24 hours a day and reopened its packaging plant in Palmer.

" We are packaging about 100 tons a day , which is enough fuel to keep 25 new homes a day warm for the winter, " says Niebling.

Charlie Niebling says they closed the plant last year because demand was low due to a mild winter.

But because of this year's shortage, they re-started production in less than a week.

But the pellet orders are piling up. Niebling says the shortage should end in the next few months, but until then, Cochran hopes the she'll have enough pellets for this winter.

"I feel sorry for anyone on low income, I can't see how they can afford heat a house spending thousands in a 10 month period, " adds Cochran.
  22. DiggerJim

Loc:
    Northcentral Connecticut
    Unfortunately for New England Wood Pellet (the Jaffrey NH company that makes pellets), the Suffield CT operation's name is close enough (New England Pellet LLC) that they are often confused. Something that works to the advantage of the trolls in Suffield and the detriment of NEWP. The folks in New Hampshire are honest. That doesn't seem to be the case with the folks in Suffield.
  23. johnnywarm

Loc:
    Connecticut

Do you need there office address in sufield??or what it was???or still could be??
  24. DiggerJim

Loc:
    Northcentral Connecticut
    According to the Secretary of State's office, the business address is 1654 KING ST., ENFIELD, CT, 06082 but it's owned by STEPHEN E. ZACZYNSKI and he's the agent for service at his residence 703 BOSTON NECK ROAD, SUFFIELD, CT, 06078 which also happens to be the business mailing address. It was incorporated 5/15/2007 by the way.
  25. johnnywarm

Loc:
    Connecticut

there web site Had or had?? 127 thompsonville rd Suffield ct
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.