04 Toyota Tundra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

festerw

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2009
Cambridge Springs, PA
I'm going to look at an 04 4.7 TRD this week, it has had a new frame under recall, new tires, brakes and state inspection.

Biggest issues I've seen are the frame, ball joints and timing belt.

Anybody have anything else specific I need to check out besides the normal used vehicle stuff?

Look for leaks under the dash by the fuse box. There is a box there called the integrator relay on the back side of the fuse box, EVERYTHING electrical runs through it. If it gets wet it corrodes and does all kinds of weird things.
Make sure the timing belt is changed every 100k miles. and the starter is a major PITA to change (its under the intake)
I have an 02 that I bought right that is just a spare truck at this point.

Reactions: vinny11950
Thanks, took a look at it today and if I can get the seller to come down a little to offset the timing belt replacement I'll probably bring it home.

I'm fairly certain this truck didn't spend it's whole life in PA since I couldn't find anything more than surface rust.