1988 Resolute Acclaim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It will need a rebuild. This was not a great stove. It would be worth comparing the cost of repair vs replacement.

What is involved in a rebuild ? I am a pretty good mechanic / DIY guy . Depending on the parts cost rebuild might be an option . New VC stoves 2500 . Not going to happen. Thanks

I was not recommending a new VC stove. There are better stoves for $1500.

A rebuild for the Acclaim is around $1200 the last I checked, but that depends on what is needed. Sometimes people keep running these stoves in broken condition and in the process warp or destroy other parts so the bill can be higher.

@defiant3 knows more about current parts pricing, but a visit to woodman's parts plus will give you an idea.

Any tips on doing a thorough inspection ? From what I can see the arch kit might do it . VC states in the owners manual that these are almost consumables . As far as replacement, I have very limited hearth space and this stove fits . I don't want a gas heater if I can help it. Nothing like a wood fire.

Sadly the 0041 is not cost effective to rebuild any longer. There's a whole parts kit you need, plus new sides, it's crazy. Move on, retire that old pelican.

Reactions: bholler
I have decided to get rid of the VC stove . I got a Fisher Baby Bear that will fit in the space I have and I think it will be fine . just need to clean it up and replace the firebrick . Less complicated stove . A box you burn wood in and will suit my need for emergency heat. Any ideas as to what to do with the old stove ? Sell for parts ??

Leave it by the side of the road, guarantee. Someone will haul it away. Alternatively, it's very good quality iron. Probably worth 10 to 12 cents a pound at a junkyard.

Got the Baby Bear installed and it works great ! Advertised the VC for free and a guy hauled it away . Thanks.

baby.jpg