2017-18 Blaze King Performance Thread (Everything BK)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucet is the name given to different fish depending on what part of France you are from. Most common appears to be the wolffish. Pronounced soo-say in French.

In
Sucet is the name given to different fish depending on what part of France you are from. Most common appears to be the wolffish. Pronounced soo-say in French.

Good info. From my father's side the ancestors use to belong to islands that were part of France. I really don't know much about it but the way you say is pronounced is correct. Over he years I meet few French people and I was told the same. Looks like I am a new species of fish that can talk, read and write;lol

well, about the stove. is done deal. picking her up on saturday.

Reactions: begreen
Lol... I got the other part wrong. I always knew it was "suset," French, but thought the first initial was i.

Reactions: begreen
2.5 cords of lodge pole pine pulled off the mountain so far. Man it's still work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In

Good info. From my father's side the ancestors use to belong to islands that were part of France. I really don't know much about it but the way you say is pronounced is correct. Over he years I meet few French people and I was told the same. Looks like I am a new species of fish that can talk, read and write;lol
My mom's parents were French Canadian. Had French pronunciation drilled into me at a young age. A lot of early French settlers from Northern France were Huguenots escaping religious persecution.

Bien sur!

I have 2 wood boxes in the house...one for the bigger splits in the 4-6 in range and one for the 2-4 for stuffing her full.Works out very well..

I have thought about doing this, would you mind sharing some pictures?

Drove past the dealership where I purchased my BK today.......And it was a pet store.:eek:

What happens when stoves have dog contests. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody Stover
If the stoves are hot, dogs get burned, but if stoves are cold, they pee on it;lol

What happens when stoves have dog contests. :rolleyes:
Stoves always have dog contests in this thread!
Image911566092.jpg

(My wife continues to allege that that is a dog.)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that order the cat from firecatcombustors.com . How long take to get it when you choose free shipping?. ordered one last week and still saying PROCESSING in the order status in their website.

Score!!! My local arborist has about 2 acres of trees stacked up. Huge amounts of walnut and some up off the ground for 5-8 years.

Well.....he dropped them in my yard! Problem is most are 40" or larger and 10'-15' long.

Send ibuprofen my way!

Attachments

• 20170807_152901.jpg
    20170807_152901.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 313
Score!!! My local arborist has about 2 acres of trees stacked up. Huge amounts of walnut and some up off the ground for 5-8 years.

Well.....he dropped them in my yard! Problem is most are 40" or larger and 10'-15' long.

Send ibuprofen my way!

What is that, like 27 years of food for a Princess? ;lol

Reactions: lsucet
What is that, like 27 years of food for a Princess? ;lol
I have a King and my Princess likes the house hot in the winter! I'll square it up once split and stacked. Best guess, 3 cords, maybe 4. All exceptionally dry...under 8%.

I have a King and my Princess likes the house hot in the winter! I'll square it up once split and stacked. Best guess, 3 cords, maybe 4. All exceptionally dry...under 8%.

Wood doesn't get that dry on this side of the Cascades. Most of it looks too dry to register on a resistance style moisture meter. Knowing Walla Walla, I'd guess closer to 4%. Some of that looks past it's prime. But still good. And free!

Oh...this wasn't free! I just cut it all up yesterday and today. (3 tress to go but it's 103F in the sun!)

I will start splitting it next week. It's going to go into a cooling trend....only going to be in the 90's!

The cherry tree had some rot, but is still had about 50% solid and it was 34' long.

The black locust tree was about 20% center rot, but heck it was 44" in diameter and the core of rot is about 7".

The walnut...perfect!

Oh...this wasn't free! I just cut it all up yesterday and today. (3 tress to go but it's 103F in the sun!)

I will start splitting it next week. It's going to go into a cooling trend....only going to be in the 90's!

The cherry tree had some rot, but is still had about 50% solid and it was 34' long.

The black locust tree was about 20% center rot, but heck it was 44" in diameter and the core of rot is about 7".

The walnut...perfect!

This is like the "Letters To Penthouse" section of hearth at this point.

Reactions: huauqui
Status
Not open for further replies.