2018-19 Blaze King Performance Thread Part 1 (Everything BK)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be smart to stockpile door gasket rope and new gasketed cats. I would do that before hoarding cat gasket material!
Every time you pull the BK cat, for a thorough dusting or whatever, you need a new interam gasket. I would stock a roll of that gasket. I do have a roll, but only need it for my and my SIL's Dutchwests, not for our good stoves. Heheh.

Every time you pull the BK cat, for a thorough dusting or whatever, you need a new interam gasket. I would stock a roll of that gasket. I do have a roll, but only need it for my and my SIL's Dutchwests, not for our good stoves. Heheh.

You don’t need to remove the cat for regular or thorough cleaning. It just stays there all happy until it wears out after 10,000 hours.

Some folks have cat cloggage issues but I’ve never had that problem.

Always something to read in this thread, that's why lurk in the background. Thought I would share a pic of my boile room. The froling is easier to run than a BK. :)
So far im on track to burn about half the wood as I did with my King last year and I'm heating domestic hot water too. :p

Im averaging about 1/2 a face cord per week (1/6th of a full cord).

View attachment 237605
Good you got you're setup working Marshy...
But :;;; You have to admit.... You were doing everything against what BK recomends for your situation !! Right ??

Status
Not open for further replies.