2024 severe weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
At the cabin last night.

58 outside and inside at wake up. Light rain all night long, Best night sleep in a while! I did have to shove the dog over once. He’s a cuddler.

The weather was nice… yesterday. Today it’s going to be cold with a strong wind from the north. Sigh… almost done with April showers!. Bring in the May flowers!

Reactions: thewoodlands
76 F here forecast today. This morning it was 58, already 64 now. yesterday was 65 or so and I got sweaty... Sure do appreciate being done (hand)splitting wood!

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 44 this morning with rain before coffee, the last I looked it was 44.4 but the rain stopped.

I stayed at the cabin last night to try to get work done today. It was cold, cloudy, and rainy this morning, up until around noon. It severely limited what I can do. As I needed things dry. I probably won't be able to get to work on things for another few weeks. I more than a bit bummed out.

So glad I don't live in the midwest. The tornadoes this spring have been brutal.

One of the guys on a woodworking board I’m on had multiple tornadoes skirt 4-5 miles from his house. The pics were scary. I can’t imagine being there.

One of the guys on a woodworking board I’m on had multiple tornadoes skirt 4-5 miles from his house. The pics were scary. I can’t imagine being there.
The downtown of Sulfur Oklahoma was wiped out.

That stinks...

I wonder what the probability is of having one's home hit by an f3 or higher per year in tornado OK or NE...

The worst storm I ever saw/drove through was on my way to Badlands NP. It could be seen for hours as I drove toward it. When I finally hit it I couldn’t see going 20mph.