3 Blinks Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

quickhitch11

Nov 11, 2010
Central Mass.
Hi all,
First time posting. I read through a lot of the forums, trying to find a little more info.
My Accentra is an older unit that didn't get much use by previous owner. This is our 3rd season using it.
I did a complete cleaning ( have roller rail kit to get it out of fireplace. Pulled all blowers, and cleaned, and it ran for the last few days ok. I tried to shut it down 2 nights ago, for chimney cleaning. It would not shut down. In off position on knob it continued to feed, no matter what.
So I remover pellets from hopper and let it run out. I had chimney cleaned, and then when I put it back, it came up with 3 blink code, and combustion fan and distribution fan come on as soon as it is plugged in. Again it's set to off. I replaced the ETP, and checked the vac switch. Open when off, and closes when combustion fan is on. Also isolated the room temp probe. No difference . So wondering if anyone has any suggestions short of me replacing the board.
Thanks in advance, Chris

According to my manual the 3 blink code is an ESP failure. Try unplugging and check it again. If it still happens I would replace it and see if that fixes it.

According to my manual the 3 blink code is an ESP failure. Try unplugging and check it again. If it still happens I would replace it and see if that fixes it.
Thanks Jackman, I miss labeled, I did change the ESP. I called it a Exhaust Temp Probe by mistake. I ohmed both the new and old one, and at room temp they read exactly the same. But I installed the new one anyway. No change. And I unplugged the stove numerous times
No dice. Still the same. It will not shut down.

Did you try turning all the knobs back and forth a few times, then back to off and see if something different happens?
If something does change, get some deoxit or other contact cleaner and clean the pots.

Reactions: jackman
I'll second MtBob's suggestion. It could be dead spots on the potentiometers.

Mt Bob,
I did move the pots all over a bunch, to no avail. However, I do have contact cleaner, safe for the boards. I'll try that this evening. Fingers crossed, otherwise it's gonna be board time I think.

Mt Bob,
I did move the pots all over a bunch, to no avail. However, I do have contact cleaner, safe for the boards. I'll try that this evening. Fingers crossed, otherwise it's gonna be board time I think.
I brought the board to my local supplier. We ran it through some tests, and it is bad.
Installed and it is now running , and the girls are happy. Thanks for all the help!
Chris

Reactions: Washed-Up