6 inch SS single wall tee snout to single wall 6 inch stove pipe exact same size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shuabills

Oct 23, 2019
Northeast Ohio
Hello, maybe one of you guys can help me
gain some wisdom by not making a mistake first.

What do i need to connect a 6 inch diameter tee snout to a 6 inch black stove pipe?

At first glance I thought I could just put the male end of the stove pipe into the tee snout but they are exactly the same size.

Do i just force the male end to be a little narrower or is there a specific adapter?

thanks and oh!

Which way is the correct way for a stove pipe to run? Joints running towards the stove or the chimney?

At first thought I thought I would want them running towards the chimney so the smoke has less chance to leak out the seems

but then I saw someone on here say you want it the opposite way so creosote doesnt drip down the joint/seam.

Thanks again for the wisdom!

The tee about should slide into the pipe. You may need to crimp it for that to happen

The tee about should slide into the pipe. You may need to crimp it for that to happen
Okay ill see if i can crimp that ss snout end and that might answer my other questions as well concerning which way the pipe seam/joint should run. Sliding the tee into the pipe would mean the seam/joint should point away from the stove.

Okay ill see if i can crimp that ss snout end and that might answer my other questions as well concerning which way the pipe seam/joint should run. Sliding the tee into the pipe would mean the seam/joint should point away from the stove.
Yes the male end always faces toward the stove. Do you have a crimper?

I dont believe I do, or atleast not something to crimp the whole thing at once. What does that crimper look like? I have electrical crimps but assuming that is not the same.

Thanks again.

Hello, maybe one of you guys can help me
gain some wisdom by not making a mistake first.

What do i need to connect a 6 inch diameter tee snout to a 6 inch black stove pipe?

At first glance I thought I could just put the male end of the stove pipe into the tee snout but they are exactly the same size.

Do i just force the male end to be a little narrower or is there a specific adapter?

thanks and oh!

Which way is the correct way for a stove pipe to run? Joints running towards the stove or the chimney?

At first thought I thought I would want them running towards the chimney so the smoke has less chance to leak out the seems

but then I saw someone on here say you want it the opposite way so creosote doesnt drip down the joint/seam.

Thanks again for the wisdom!
I think it is best to provide the manufacture and part number in order to detemine the appropriate transition, fitting, or connector.

I think it is best to provide the manufacture and part number in order to detemine the appropriate transition, fitting, or connector.
Not really it is really common to need to crimp the tee about. If it and the pipe are the same size that is all that is needed.

Yeah, I was going to post about the company that made the liner and tee however when I called in they didnt have anything to transition
. I may have had someone who was as green as me on the phone though, when it comes to wood stoves.

The SS Liner and SS tee+snout is made by Z-Flex.

Thanks for input though.