71 outside, pellet stove on.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcook430

Burning Hunk
Jan 4, 2015
Ashland Ky
Dec 23 here in Ky and wife was cooking for Christmas dinner. Tradition of her grandmother rolls are always there but she past away 3 years ago. My wife always had trouble getting the rolls to rise before cooking except we found placing them in front of the pellet stove always worked. But this year it was 71 degrees but it had to be done. Can you imagine the suffering I went through. Oh well, the rolls were good. Today it is mid 70s and our windows are open.

What one goes through to keep the traditions going;lol Electric oven? Has she tried placing the dough covered with towel in the oven with the light on? 40W bulb throws enough heat to assist with the rise... Mind you, I cheat and make dough with the breadmaker since it has a dough option so you can make buns, cinnamon buns, pizza crust==c

Reactions: alternativeheat
Status
Not open for further replies.