86 vermont casting encore cat stove what is it worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john26

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Wildwood MO
My brother is looking at buying a vermont casting encore cat stove with an ebony black enamel finish. The owner bought the stove new used the first season and lost interest and decided it was too much work. The stove shows as new very few signs it was ever fired very clean. Any idea what its worth? Thanks

I had an '86 VC Defiant Encore, and wrestled with it for 23 seasons. I tried to give it away this spring, but no takers. Tossed it on a scrap pile. Glad that's over.

I recently picked one of these up for $20.00, still debating if I should rebuild it.

I got my 2190 Encore cat out of a vacation home it was hardly used the original combuster was like new and stove looked like it was fired maybe a couple times I paid 800 2yrs ago I had the warming shelves and heat shields from my other retired encore. I like my Encore does everything I ask of it , great burn times while burning very little wood. My advice is do your homework here on the site and figure out what you really need for a stove before buying one ..Good luck.

He was wanting to heat a 1800 sq ft ranch house to supplement the electric furnace. The stove would be placed in a 20 x 24 family room on the back of the house the opening to the kitchen/ breakfast area is about 12' wide. The family room has vaulted ceilings the rest of the house is 8' ceilings. He needs a stove that has fairly long burn times needs to be able to load it in the morning leave it and let it burn while he is at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.