A good day to split lots of pics !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AC and Pete, once again I offer my humble apology. Oh how I wanted to be there and I even seriously considered driving over in my car around mid-day. When I said something, my wife said she expected that but there just was no way this body was going to be able to do it. Doubt I could have even taken the driving but at least I was there in spirit.

And what can we say about all the good men helping put a less fortunate one. It really does make me happy though knowing his transplant is coming along good. Thanks fellas.

Bottom line on that saw is I traded it for my pro mac 605 & $ 35.00 dollars to a guy desperate for a running saw. Hadn't run in years. Fixed the fuel tank cleaned it up, comp. tested it @ 135 psi, new clutch drum & sprocket. Fired it up & it ran good, so I threw a bar on it & used it here & there. Got the 036 pro & just don't use it much. Dug around in the pile, found a decent 20" bar, slapped a really used chain on it & called it Pete's saw. It's as ugly as they come, but runs good, & fired on the 2nd pull. Don't have much in it, & want even less out of it. It needs to be run. Can't think of a better guy to have it than Pete. He worked his tail off Saturday, & got nothing but a sore body & hopefully a little comraderie & satisfaction for a job well done. Hopefully some of the other guys join hearth.com, they're a good bunch. A C
Ok I just gotta say it.. Pallet Pete procured a pruning power saw to propel his prolific sawing prowess to perpetual perfection ;) . There I feel better now :)

Ray

That's a good one Ray. Notice that I refrained from mentioning the milk crate that the crew did without. ;lol

Perpetually pushing Pallet Pete into proper punctuation of P's ! Dangit Ray Pen will punish people for perpetual p's ::-).

Pete

Reactions: raybonz
That's a good one Ray. Notice that I refrained from mentioning the milk crate that the crew did without. ;lol
LOL I hear that Dennis think they needed a reclining milk crate with Corinthian leather! Great to see Pete and AC help out like they did and I know you would if you could too Dennis! I know you've helped others in the past and others know as well so keep smiling! :)

Ray

Reactions: Pallet Pete

You now what is funny I was watching them use that splitter thinking Dennis milk crate would really come in handy right now as they where splittng on there knees ;lol

Pete

You now what is funny I was watching them use that splitter thinking Dennis milk crate would really come in handy right now as they where splittng on there knees ;lol

Pete
Yup my right knee couldn't take that right now! Abuse your knees now and pay later!

Ray

On the knees is terrible for sure. And to think, some even do it standing up but they have to have a better bender than I have. Just can't imagine bending over for hours... You should have suggested cutting a round the right height.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Ok OK, enough with the crate, my bad I forgot it. I cut em a couple nice rounds for chairs, but they were pretty focused on getting everything split. You should've seen those guys working those splitters, they busted it hard all day. I think that despite being on a saw for about 6 hrs. straight, I had the easier work, those boys humped it hard all day long. At least I got to take breaks for fuel & fresh chains. A C

AC and Pete, once again I offer my humble apology. Oh how I wanted to be there and I even seriously considered driving over in my car around mid-day. When I said something, my wife said she expected that but there just was no way this body was going to be able to do it. Doubt I could have even taken the driving but at least I was there in spirit.

And what can we say about all the good men helping put a less fortunate one. It really does make me happy though knowing his transplant is coming along good. Thanks fellas.

Dennis, take your time & heal up, there will be other opportunities to teach us young punks how to work.;lol A C

Dennis you are a good man and a good friend ! I wish you could have come but your health is more important it is understandable. AC and I will see if we can get up there to see you this weekend for sure my friend.

Pete

Mike, the greatest thing about this is the fact that the surgery was a success. They had him up & walking the next day.He'll be home in mid Dec Lord willing, & be able to be a father & husband to his family. Says he feels great & actually was able to go hiking with his 2 boys for several miles near the Hospital where he is recouping. Only issue now might be rejection, & so far so good. A C
Excellent news. Good things happen when good people come together to support one another.

Reactions: chvymn99
I think Stacks pretty much sums up what I was thinking . . . good karma to good people all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.