ACS Freebee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jatoxico

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2011
Long Island NY
The guy I bought my house from left me a bunch of household chemicals including 2 bottles of Anti Creosote spray. I always figured the stuff was snake oil so I put it away and forgot about it but after reading some "testimonials" here I decided to try it.

From what I can see by inspecting the fire box it seems to work. Cool and protected areas where some buildup was deposited turned to white/grey ash. Can't say yet how far up the flue it is getting. I may inspect later to see if I can get a handle on how that is looking.

If anyone out there is on the fence I'd say you are prob not wasting your money.

Sorry mod's this should have been posted in the hearth room or gear.

ACS the manganese stuff, is the only thing that broke down the stage 3 creosote (3/4 thick) stuck on the clay liner when we moved in here. Had to use alot of it -3 quarts a season- and it changed the hard glazed creo to brittle creo that could be brushed out. That was burning with a smoke dragon (pre-EPA) but I won't use in the cat stove. It did work all the way to the top of the 25' masonry flue but you have to use it regularly and often.

No cat here but prob smart to be careful with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.