Air inlet/damper on Defiant knockoff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vbu

Feeling the Heat
Mar 3, 2019
MS
Hey guys,

I have an 'olympic crest' woodstove (cast in Yugoslavia!), which seems to be a Vermont Castings Defiant knockoff.
It doesn't look the best, but it burns great, and we're happy with it (it's in our rental home)

It has an air inlet damper on the back, controlled by a pull wire sort of deal. On top of the stove, there's 'HI' and 'LO' in the casting, as there would be a lever there to regulate the damper.

I don't have the lever. Do you guys have any idea where I might get one? I've attached some pictures for clarification. The little wheel with spring comes off, so if there's a system out there where I can just connect the wire to, that'd be great.

All info is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4141.jpeg
    IMG_4141.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4142.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_4143.jpg
    IMG_4143.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_4145.jpg