Al Gore screwed me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PeteD said:
I have a hard time recalling this much consistent cold in the winter in Eastern MA. Usually we are good for a weekly thaw, but it has been many weeks now...

The global warming topic is too politicized. It is hard to find someone intelligent without an axe to grind to trust regarding global warming.

You have the left championing carbon credits and alternative fuel, while investing in companies that stand to profit from a switch away from oil. On the right, you have people who don't want to see the petroleum stocks go down.

Be skeptical of everyone...

Pete

YES YES, I AGREE ! Dito dito and more dito. I ignore all those Al Gore assholes because quite frankly the earth gonna do its thing. We just gotta be a little more sensitive about how it can come back to bite us in the ass ..then we're gone ! The earths gonna still be here doing fine when we're gone. I work steadily toward the small goals I've set for myself to help in the little ways that I can. I drive a small car, streamline my trips, recycle at home & at work, do not buy anything packaged in glass bottles (transporting this deadweight needlessly burns extra fossil fuel). Yes I know burning wood, oil, or propane leaves a carbon footprint but I'm alot of years away from affording the solar panels I would love to put up on my home. I am looking into choosing my specific "electric supplier" from my electric company. Apparently you can specify which small company actually supplies your actual electric. Although its a small part of the bill compared to all that other crap they charge you for that it takes to get the electric to you. I found out there is an electric supplier which uses wind turbines near me that I may select...I'm gonna do that. And I know that coal leaves a big carbon footprint but I think its a good interum fuel. At least it its American and would help get the middle east monkey off our back while we get our solar & wind sh*t together. Is there really any other choice ?

Tree farmer, you got me on that. Kind of like big brother telling everyone to stop smoking but love the tax revenue.

Tree farmer said:
.....The EPA has been given the ability in rule making to tax per head of cattle for emissions................

You have got to be kidding. With that logic we're all gonna be taxed for taking a dump..........

Status
Not open for further replies.