All is ready

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
velvetfoot said:
We just fought our new assessment and did well. Key was getting an independent appraisal. The took his number, which was more realistic than the lame re-valuation contractor's.
At the informal, I got it knocked down from $232,000.00 too $196,600.00, not too bad.
I can't have an appraiser come in now, I am in the middle of finishing off a 750sf breezeway ;)
I was hoping for closer to $175,000 to $185,000.
I might just go with the new adjusted figure and cancel the formal appeal.
The majority of citizens of the county including one of the commissioners is now trying to get the reassessment implementation postponed and possibly stopped all together.
Costed $8,000,000.00 to have done, and it was just a big waste. Should have just saved that $8,000,000.00.
I have 8.7 acres, must have 10 to get an agricultural break. Really sucks cause they drop agricultural assessment on the acreage to $54.00 per acre assessment. Mine is figured at $1,5000.00 per acre.
Sucks when others with 3 or 4x what I have or more, are assessed less value than mine.
"Govtsux" is going to be my next personalized license plate.

Did you ever check out maps.live.com ? Our town's lame contractor didn't even go down most driveways. That web site seems to use airplanes to get good views that you can rotate for different aspects. We put a nice dossier together for the formal (they didn't budge on the informal). There were plenty of beautiful places down those driveways valued a lot less per ft2 than our place. My point was that I wouldn't mind the reassessment if it was fair but either by design or accident they did a crap job. Also, the people with those nice under valued houses down those nice driveways stay at the same low vaue-great, eh?

We got ours lowered by 64k.

Naturally I found out too late that the town had a veterans break; oh well, wait 'til next year.

They have the house without the breezeway listed as a 2 story at 2666sf. I pointed out that above the living room is no floor, its open to the cathedral ceiling, and expressed I don't see how they can can include that in the square footage. Its not like I can float on air and use the space. The guy admitted it was not the best in their computer program, but said its the way it is set up, so thats the way it is.
If they would deduct that I would be closer to 2419 sf. I found about 8 places on the couthouseonline site they gave us that we can see everyone else's property's, and their values.
Like I said I found about 8 or so near the same or more sf, and also graded better than mine, and the assessments of the homes averages about 111,000, mine is assessed at 173,000. I understand and want to pay my fair share, but as they are trying to even it out for all, they are merely setting some folks right, and screwing others, So in essence, they are really just jumbling around who gets f'ed this time around, and the same problems exist of it never really being equaled out. Oh well, I am doing my research and preparing.

Check more Picture here ..

photo14.jpg
photo17.jpg

Visit website and got lot of carports pictures......
http://www.classiccarports.com

Status
Not open for further replies.