Another help me choose add on furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oh boy...probably a number of different things you could do here...and at least for me, it is sometimes hard to completely envision things without being there. Parallel the two systems would work. Are the 2 direct lines 6"? If they were 8" that would probably be enough to keep things under control by themselves...that's all the T1 even had! Another thing you could do is to put a relay on the main furnace that locks it out when the Tundra blower is running...guess it depends on how much of your heat load you think the TII is going to be able to handle.
I'm sure there are other things you could do too...hopefully someone else will jump in here with a better idea...

Oh boy...probably a number of different things you could do here...and at least for me, it is sometimes hard to completely envision things without being there. Parallel the two systems would work. Are the 2 direct lines 6"? If they were 8" that would probably be enough to keep things under control by themselves...that's all the T1 even had! Another thing you could do is to put a relay on the main furnace that locks it out when the Tundra blower is running...guess it depends on how much of your heat load you think the TII is going to be able to handle.
I'm sure there are other things you could do too...hopefully someone else will jump in here with a better idea...

The 2 directs are 6".

I feel this would be a rare occurence like I said, only when we get a freak polar vortex or something where the heatmax couldn't keep up on it's own.

I believe the propane would kick on more often in the morning as the heatmax is cooling down, thus so is the house. I feel that both systems running here would be fine heat wise. It's just that really hot burn that concerns me.

I do like the relay idea......have to sleep on it.

So little update. Went with the Heatmax 2, 3 seasons later.

This was my original thread from purchasing my wood furnace.

I experienced some rot cleaning my furnace and replacing some firebricks this spring . After going back and forth with Drolet with their warranty process (lots of pictures and questions). They decided it is my fault and will not cover or help in any way. A very disappointing response from them imo. At only 3 seasons old I need to look into another furnace now as I don't trust this one anymore.

They claimed I didn't clean it good enough.

If this kind of rot was possible just because of cleaning I would have cleaned more often. However I never thought of cleaning the back of the firebox anyways, just the heat exchanger and flue.

Not sure if there is still someone who works for Drolet that lurks on here that could help in any way, but I just don't have the money to invest in another furnace, especially at the prices they are currently at.

Thanks guys for all the help I received on here the last 3 years, but even all the tips and tricks that I received and implemened for getting a better burn didn't have me ready for this issue.

20220925_170024.jpg