Antique fir flooring.....hard work, but worth it in the end!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after several days and multiple coats of Varathane, the floor is finished! Nice pic of the floor and a close up of the fiery grain in some of that anitique wood.

View attachment 103723 View attachment 103724

I'll start the trim later this week. Its already finished and ready to install......
Somebody hid my bib,....dang it. I'll be back after I clean up this mess all over my shirt. Kind of like Pavlov's dog response with me and woodworking of almost any kind.
Waiting on the trim pics....patiently.==c You know me Scott, Mr. patient and all. Glad Momma's happy......she has every reason to be.

Attachments

• popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: ScotO
Scotty that project turned out awesome bud.
If I weren't on a slab I'd be quarter sawing some of these longleaf pines around here and replacing the floating laminate.

Pretty sure no one will be salvaging the laminate in 10yrs let alone 200;)

Reactions: ScotO
You just wait... 50 years from now, your grandkids will be showing you how proud they are of their recently reclaimed 50 year old laminate floor.

What goes around, comes around...

Reactions: basod and ScotO
You just wait... 50 years from now, your grandkids will be showing you how proud they are of their recently reclaimed 50 year old laminate floor.

What goes around, comes around...
If only I could find some sweet 70's shag to reclaim for the upstairs bedrooms

If only I could find some sweet 70's shag to reclaim for the upstairs bedrooms
Heck if I'd have known that, I'd have saved the carpet out of the original living room in my house and sent it down to you! That's pretty much exactly what it was! Brown and gold, to boot!

Reactions: basod
Status
Not open for further replies.