Any reviews available for the new Quad Trekker?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If you are ever looking for troubleshooting info on your Trecker, just look up the Mt Vernon E2. They are essentially the same stove except the Trecker has the Bluetooth chip and thermostat. I haven’t had much trouble with the Bluetooth pucks yet, but they are pretty new. They did recall a few of the Bluetooth chips right after the launch but they took care of it pretty quickly.

Hi, I know this is an older post but I'm wondering if you or anyone who have experience with the Trekker have had issues with the Bluetooth Thermostat. You mentioned there was a recall, any additional information on that recall?

My parents purchased and installed the Trekker about a week ago. The Bluetooth Thermostat gives error code 3, which is of course not listed in any documentation/manuals. They've called tech support and they have no answers. I know nothing about the therostate except what I've read in the manual and am trying to help them out.

Heading to their house tonight to try and get it to work but would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

It needs to be addressed by the dealer. Its a warranty fix. I believe it has to do with feed settings

I had a brand new trekker installed Monday and immediately got error code 3. My dealer is going to send a tech over in a few days but he wasn’t concerned. He indicated a feed issue and some thing that is addressed during normal start up. If I hear more I will get back to you. I started a thread called “error code 3” that you are invited to read and leave input on to keep this all in one place.

What I have been able to determine is this: the stove goes through a 45 second system test. At that time the blower will blow and various circuits are checked. If the test is passed the system will be “off” and you will be able to access the “manual feed” feature via the thermostat menu. If it does not pass all aspects of the 45 second system check you will get an error and the system will shut down. You clear the error by pressing the outer ring of the thermostat once quickly. If the error is not fixed however it will simply return.

All I was saying about the specs is that if you compare the Quad Trekker to the most-similar Harman - the XXV - the Quad's specs are better:

Hopper capacity: 80lbs for Trekker, 65lb. for XXV

Viewing area: 217 sq.in. for Trekker vs. 181 sq.in. for XXV

Efficiency: 83.2% for Trekker vs. 77.5% for XXV

Emissions: 0.74 g/hr for Trekker vs. 1.75 g/hr for XXV

That data is taken from their respective websites. However, as a I mentioned in my last post - I acknowledge that these specs don't always tell the whole story - which is why I might be considering a Harman anyway.
You might want to go to the EPA website and check the test results on those stated efficiency ratings.

Hi, I know this is an older post but I'm wondering if you or anyone who have experience with the Trekker have had issues with the Bluetooth Thermostat. You mentioned there was a recall, any additional information on that recall?

My parents purchased and installed the Trekker about a week ago. The Bluetooth Thermostat gives error code 3, which is of course not listed in any documentation/manuals. They've called tech support and they have no answers. I know nothing about the therostate except what I've read in the manual and am trying to help them out.

Heading to their house tonight to try and get it to work but would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

My brand new Trekker displayed the Error 3 upon initial startup and would shut down. I was advised by someone at Quad that the control board hadn't been programmed correctly and would have to be replaced. They sent my dealer a new board and it was installed yesterday. The Error 3 is gone and the Trekker successfully completed it's initial calibration and started right up. It's been running for the last day or so and is wonderful. The thermostat/control device is 18' away and works fine.

Here is a pic of the plate on the back of the Trekker. The official model number/name is "Mt Vernon E2-C / Trekker Pellet Stove".

IMG_1995.jpg

in your quadrafire user manual on PG 24 it gives the info on how to set up and pair your wall control... I just purchased a trecker and the pairing was easy
1 plug stove in wait 45sec
2 remove bluetooth key
3 go to diagnostics and pairing
4 plug bluetooth key back in
5 pairing starts and takes roughly 20 sec
However your wall unit should have been paired from factory, unplug the bluetooth key and plug back in the place batery in wall unit should pair after that..... seems the key needs to be removed and plugged back in
hope this helps

Hello everyone! New to this forum and have an interesting question for all of you. I bought a Trekker Pellet Stove thinking I would be getting the bluetooth wall thermostat. The stove was installed today, but it was installed with a wired thermostat. I actually think I am more comfortable with this setup, but now kind of feeling like I got the wrong stove? Or overpaid for the Trekker when maybe it is a different model??? IS Quadra-fire now now making the Trekker with a wired thermostat? Pictures look exactly like the trekkers online, so I am confused. Thanks!

I wished I had a wired control. My stove is 11 months old. The dealer just came to do it's first service/cleaning. They were showing me how to change the batteries on the bluetooth remote and ending up ripping it of the wall in multiple pieces. They were unable to fix it. Now I have to wait "at least" 3 weeks for Quatra-Fire to send a replacement.

All new Trekkers are shipping with wired thermostats. Contact your dealer. You will need a new control board and of course the thermostat. I am using the Bluetooth thermostat with no issues but wiring is now an option for you.

Also when you remove the battery to replace it you might have to retention the metal part that holds it in place. Removing the battery tends to move that part out of position and you no longer have the battery actually connected to the circuit. Pretension that part and try inserting the battery making sure the battery stays in tightly and see if it works.

You also have to be patient. There is a little CPU in that thermostat and it takes a short period of time for it to reboot and display properly.

You also have to be patient. There is a little CPU in that thermostat and it takes a short period of time for it to reboot and display properly.
I don't even have it anymore. They took it with them. When they put the batteries in they started getting hot as if there is now a short in it.

I saw the kit I would need to have a hard wired thermostat. Part# SRV7080-098. It cost $400! Up until today, when the dealer broke my bluetooth thermostat, I was fine with it also.

Until the new bluetooth thermostat comes in, does anybody know if there is a way to wire a simple on/off thermostat to the control board? It's going to be getting cold soon and I don't want to wait for the new one to come in.

Your dealer has to make this right in less than three weeks. They shouldn’t be left off the hook especially if they broke the thermostat and then took it with them. That’s your thermostat. I would ask for it back. It might be a very simple fix to get it working.

They brought the broken thermostat back. Even with no batteries, the time 12:06 AM and the settings icon seems to be permanently burnt into the screen. The red wire that goes connects into the plug that plugs into the circuit board was broken off. I tried reattaching it and plugging it back in, but had no luck.

According to the newest Trekker owners manual, the parts list line for the bluetooth thermostat says:
User Interface (Pre #HF3156001) No longer available SRV7080-178

How are they going to send me a new thermostat if it isn't even available? Maybe they are actually sending the newer wired version? I just hope "at least 3 weeks" to send it doesn't really mean 3 months or something like that.