Anyone miss else their woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also enjoy watching people's stove setups / reviews on Youtube during the summer, I'm actually running out of new video's to watch.

I also enjoy watching people's stove setups / reviews on Youtube during the summer, I'm actually running out of new video's to watch.
I'll make you one.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hell ya I'm ready. Missouri is hell on Earth during the summer. I've been all over this country and Missouri is one of the worst states to live in during the summers. Told my wife it's a price to pay for the beautiful falls. Winter is the price for the awesome springs!

Bring on cool damp wet Sunday afternoon football games with a woodstove fired up and whiskey in my glass!

Hell ya I'm ready. Missouri is hell on Earth during the summer. I've been all over this country and Missouri is one of the worst states to live in during the summers. Told my wife it's a price to pay for the beautiful falls. Winter is the price for the awesome springs!

Bring on cool damp wet Sunday afternoon football games with a woodstove fired up and whiskey in my glass!
My friend! You ain't kidding.

Just picked up a new Kuma sequoia stove and a PE summit insert yesterday for our new house. I'm very excited to have these for the new place. Unlike most though I love this hot summer weather, but we all know it won't last. Fall is not far away, which means the cold will be back.

So my wife caught me watching woodstove videos again....... She rolled her eyes and said "other wives worry about naked girl videos"

I watched a couple hours worth of stove videos again on Saturday night, I then transferred over to snowplow videos, I know I'm sick in the head, also another good set of videos is landscapers that do fall clean ups, or the cyclone rake.

oh yeah 10 more weeks then it will be night time stove fire weather.

Reactions: Mitchhorne8
I watched a couple hours worth of stove videos again on Saturday night, I then transferred over to snowplow videos, I know I'm sick in the head, also another good set of videos is landscapers that do fall clean ups, or the cyclone rake.
Is there any chance, your Saturday night is my Saturday night? Lol

We just moved and the insert is all nicely wrapped up in the garage waiting for a fall installation. I do have two cords of wood to stack and another three or so to split (freshly felled oak).

If I could actually *see* the insert, I might miss it more! :)

This fall will be our third year burning, and I'm really looking forward to it. I know closer to spring I sometimes get a bit tired of babysitting the fire machine, but it passes after a couple weeks.

1st week of August has been hot during the day, but nights have been cool and smell like fall. My beast is just begging to be fed....

This weather has motivated me to develop a reverse woodstove. You know, the sort of thing where you dump in a pile of ash and watch while it sucks all the heat out of the room. At the end of the day you pull out chunks of wood and stack them up. If I figure out how to get it to work I'll let y'all know... :)

Living on Long Island, I'm a beach guy. I grew up surfing. I would go to the beach most summer days in college. As I get older it's getting harder and harder to get to the beach (oddly enough I live three block from the beach on the Long Island Sound). So this hot weather really helps push me to spend more time on the beach. Fortunately this weekend my family and I are on a long weekend on Fire Island, so we've been on the beach and in the ocean all day the past few days. So I'm good with this heat. The Atlantic Ocean is still cold as crap and serves as a wonderful substitute in the summer for my woodburning love affair.

This weather has motivated me to develop a reverse woodstove. You know, the sort of thing where you dump in a pile of ash and watch while it sucks all the heat out of the room. At the end of the day you pull out chunks of wood and stack them up. If I figure out how to get it to work I'll let y'all know... :)
I definitely wanna see that video.

Here is one for inspiration
14039882_10154628600388984_6710956696115330162_n.jpg

By the time fall rolls around I'm looking forward to getting the woodstove fired up! As the year progresses I find myself more and more a slave to it. For me I wish I just had longer burn times. This whole 6 to 7 hour solid burn just doesn't fit my schedule.

Well. I finally got to light her up. Sitting in my rocker with my coffee. Cheers everyone, life is good. d8f4e662bc04c624ed36401f96c52901.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.