Anyone using Cleanfire Pacifics?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pete Zahria

Minister of Fire
Jan 6, 2014
New Hampster
mcmanusfuels.com
Would like your input if you are burning them, perhaps compared to
others you have burned... Thanks a lot.

Dan

I am about 2/3 of the way through 9 tons that I purchased back in October.
Other than they were higher priced than the Cleanfire Hardwoods, I have no complaints.
Lower ash. Good heat. Clean burns.
I still get a small Harman Speed Bump in the burn pot, but that seems to be par for the
course with underfeed units. I will buy them again next year.

Have burned 1/2 ton so far - the Ecotech Francesca likes these pellets. They burn hot, ash is lower vs. all hardwoods brands burned in this stove to-date.

The stove has a deep burn pot, and combustion air is setup to favor keeping ash in the stove, vs. pushing through to exhaust, for more heat. Daily cleaning yields about 1/2 cup of ash total. Pulling the exhaust pipe after 25 bags ( 18" from stove to 90 degree elbow, 24" from elbow to flue block plate ) showed minimal buildup, a quick swipe with nylon fiber duster in the 3" Duravent pipe removed a fine ash coating, reassembled and burning again in 15 minutes.
--
Will be buying these pellets for winter burn, and Granules LG as available which also work excellent in this small stove, with just slightly more ash: since we clean daily, the ash isn't a major factor between the two.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
Started 2016 season with Cleanfire Pacific and they burned great. January 2017 bought 1.5 ton pallet to finish my season. They were absolutely night and day difference! Color was much lighter, a lot more fines and sawdust, and btu output way lower. First batch I was vac every 2nd or even into 3rd day. 2nd batch had to be every day --- huge amount of ash! So had some left from first batch, tried them and was back to vac 3 days, lower feed rates, etc. Super cleaned the stove. Tried 2nd batch, was horrible... then tried old batch again, was back to being normal and clean burn! Complained and they let me change out the last 45 bags I had left and exchanged for Cleanfire DOUGLAS FIR!!! I burned this previous years and it was the best I ever EVER burned but was EXPENSIVE! Well, guess what? The Douglas Fir pellets I got in the exchange.... not much better than the bad batch of Pacific Blend that I just complained about and brought back!!! I have same results as from home depot, wal-mart, or Tractor Supply cheapest of the cheap pellets. Very disappointed!!!

Cleanfire Pacifics softwood is by far my favorite pellet that I have used for 9 years. This year I cleaned the ash pan only 2 times. With other pellets I have to clean the stove's all 7 parts as much as every 2 weeks.

I would suggest either Cleanfire Pacifics Softwood or Granules LG if buying from woodpellets.com. The Cleanfire Hardwood has too much ash for the money.

Here is my other pellets I have tried over the years from memory. This list is from best to worse.

1. Cleanfire Pacific Softwood <<< awesome pellet and woodpellets.com delivers to my house :cool:
  2. Granules LG <<< another good pellet for the price. Slightly more ash than Cleanfire Pacifics Softwood
  3. Cleanfire Hardwood
  4. Turman Hardwoods
  5. Green Team
  6. Fireside Ultra
  7. Stove Chow
  8. Green Supreme
  9. New England Wood Pellets
  10. Others too many to mention.
  11. North American Pellets <<< Produces more ash than heat.