Are replacement windows a fad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hansson said:
Redox said:
So; how much does oil cost in Sweden?

Chris

About $8.50 a gallon

Ouch! And we're complaining about $4/gal in the US...

Chris

velvetfoot said:
I have to say that I'm not that happy with the ~4year old Pella windows that came with the house.
They are wood on the inside.
It gets condensation in the corners when it's cold.
They mostly all do that.
I don't know why, but my vinyl windows in the last house never did that.
It is because the vinyl windows in your last house had a better insulated glass package..
Pella and Anderson neither one offer much of a IG Unit.R4 is as good as they go. That is two layers of double strength glass, one coating of lo e film, and argon gas with a PPG intercept spacer.
INMHO they are living on the name from the good ole days..

I installed Pella replacement windows in my old house. They were much better than what I replaced. When I moved in to my current home, the previous owner had installed Marvin vinyl replacement windows, they are much better. Easy to clean, low maintenance, etc. Must have cost him an arm and a leg...

Status
Not open for further replies.