Ashford 25 Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
And the bypass lever issue? (Having to bang on it...)
It's bumping up against rear part of bypass gasket. Needs to be pressed down better. May have been dislodged during install of liner. Frustrating but simple to address.

Ok. I’ll try that as soon as it burns down. I also can’t reload while flames are present. Smokes out the house if I open the door enough to get my arm in regardless of how long I try to develop draft in the stove
That is draft issue. The delayed ignition you described are also likely to insufficient draft. Does cap have spark arrestor screen?

Misfitting door, broken cat gauge window, bypass lever needing too much force.

That is a collection of mechanical issues that I would demand be resolved. Indeed has this thing been dropped?

The totality of this is rather concerning to me.
Broken cat gage window?

That is draft issue. The delayed ignition you described are also likely to insufficient draft. Does cap have spark arrestor screen?

Not sure. This is what’s installed on top

A1E01F6B-5657-43DA-9218-C874B34979ED.png

Update for everyone since I know some of you were invested into this!

Awesome customer service from @BKVP spent nearly an hour on the phone walking me step by step through my concerns.

Everything was simple to fix thus far. Mostly install error.

Stove was level side to side. However was nearly an inch out from front to back causing the door to swing shut. Leveled the stove off of the knife edge of the fire box. Door stays put now!

Gasket was sticking up where the bypass door slides causing the bypass not to recess all the way spent a few minutes massaging it back into place. Bypass shuts 10x easier

Adjusted the gasket on the door going to play with that the next few days I think I found the air leakage in the bottom left (hinge side bottom) corner.

Wood tested freshly split at 17.1% so I may be looking to get a 1 foot flue extension kit. I’ll be busting out my manometer to dial in my draft as I’m pretty weird about peak performance

Pretty stoked about the customer service I was given! Definitely feel proud and confident to own an appliance by this company🤘🏼