At What Temp Does An i-Phone Melt On A Woodstove ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife put a scented candle on top of the woodstove thinking it would heat up and smell nice. It heated up alright, but all the aromatic volatiles were consumed by the rapid oxidation reaction.

Another time, she put candles on a wooden shelf with another wooden shelf 6 inches above it and lit them.

I don't let her near the candles any more.

Blackberries and I-Phones have their legitimate usage in the world (mainly with business people). The problem is that every teenager out there is now deciding that they need one to keep up with the coolness of their friends. It's just a status symbol any more. Kind of like when the yuppies started buying 4x4 trucks.

leaf4952 said:
CTburns said:
I can tell that they cook in a hot tub at a 102 degrees! :lol:

More detail required. I know I speak for many.

My wife was away and I was out with some friends having a few drinks. When I got home I decided to pour a HUGE glass of wine and hit the hot tub. I thought it would be a great time to catch up with my friend Jimmy in Hawaii. Well, you know the rest; alcohol, hot tub, cell phone, same boring stories of my buddy having the time of his life. Of course it hit the drink while I was reaching for my glass! I had had the same phone for 4 years, same old numbers, so my wife was happy to know that all of my old phone numbers had been wiped out!
Jimmy's stories havn't changed, but I've had two phones since then!

wow so many things to discuss, I once left a screwdriver on the stove, only about $3 but man did it stink up the place. as far as electronics in the microwave goes I once had a roommate many years ago who worked for a local utility company and was occasionally on call for nights and weekends, well one weekend we had a few friends over and it turned into quite the party, being on call my roommate couldn't drink but oh so bad wanted to that he came up with the brilliant idea of putting the company pager in the microwave for a minute or so...just enough to screw up the electronics inside but no visible damage. when he went to work on monday the boss wanted to know why he didn't answer his pager all weekend he said i don't know the darn thing must be broken, the boss checked and said huh must be broken we'll get you a new one! end of story.
and as far as kids go helping with the wood well my 18 year old wants nothing to do with it but i make him go out and split some occasionally and my ten year old loves helping me with the wood pile. if i go out to split wood without telling him i get a tongue lashing.
the way i figure it is by the time the 10 year old is big/strong enough to swing the maul he'll probably lose interest as well!! 8-/

p. s. still waiting for a pic!!!

Great story Ctaborist. I'm a RN who is frequently on-call for trauma and strokes, do you think I could try the microwave trick? Of course in this day and age I'd have to include the cell and house phone also. :cheese:

This isn't nearly as good a story but the other night my wife came home in her long, nylon winter coat as I was busy reading posts on hearth.com and she went over to the fire to turn up the airflow. After a few minutes we started to smell this god awful smell and I had a moment of panic as I thought we had a chimney fire. We were looking all around trying to figure out what was causing it when I looked at the stove and saw this ugly black spot of melting nylon on the glass. She really loved that coat, too.

Try also Will it Blend? an iPhone on YouTube.

Now we have Will it Melt? on Hearth.com.

An expensive mistake for all.

wendell said:
This isn't nearly as good a story but the other night my wife came home in her long, nylon winter coat as I was busy reading posts on hearth.com and she went over to the fire to turn up the airflow. After a few minutes we started to smell this god awful smell and I had a moment of panic as I thought we had a chimney fire. We were looking all around trying to figure out what was causing it when I looked at the stove and saw this ugly black spot of melting nylon on the glass. She really loved that coat, too.

Hate to say it but, "The touch, the feel, of cotton, the fabric of our lives." When you're quoting the Neville brothers you know you had a few to many! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.