ATV. Is it worth to invest? Look at some ooptions here in CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The older Rubicon has the 3 speed like the rincon has. They did a complete make over on the rubicon.

It wasn't a Honda but if they also cost over 30k they are off my list also. Actually if they cost half of that they are way off my list.

We have had all sizes and colors of 3 and 4 wheelers over the last 30-40 years; all were certainly serviceable and amazingly trouble free in spite of some fairly rough use. Only one I would never consider owning again (you couldn't give me one) is a polaris 2-stroke. Have a Simplicity 2wd Trail Cruiser that we bought almost new (was a demo machine) served well for 15 years (currently has its Briggs waiting to be reinstalled after a valve guide replacement). Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 hours on the clock; hauled a lot of wood and great for running around between farms. My current daily driver is a six wheeled JD Gator with the power dump; love it so......

I finally let go of the old tractor and bought a wheeler. Yamaha Kodiak 450. Along with the smaller engine is smaller overall dimensions, which is nice out in the woods.

Reactions: duramaxman05
I finally let go of the old tractor and bought a wheeler. Yamaha Kodiak 450. Along with the smaller engine is smaller overall dimensions, which is nice out in the woods.

I have the big brother . . . Yamaha Kodiak 700. It was a nice upgrade from the Honda Foreman 450. I don't notice the extra power for working so much as I do while trail riding. Having IRS and power steering were very nice changes.

I have the big brother . . . Yamaha Kodiak 700. It was a nice upgrade from the Honda Foreman 450. I don't notice the extra power for working so much as I do while trail riding. Having IRS and power steering were very nice changes.
Yeah, mine is a little bare bones except for the IRS, but it's quite an upgrade over the tractor which was dicey on uneven terrain. Hoping to finish the winch install today.

Those are good 4wheelers. My dad has one and it's an 05 with almost 3000 miles. Never done anything to it.

I really like the 450 Kodiaks...I have a 660 Grizz right now, but its physically too big IMO...takes up more room than the mower does!

Last edited:
Reactions: duramaxman05