Auber AT 100 help needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kevin Weis

Minister of Fire
Mar 3, 2018
Union Bridge, Md
Just connected this up (not in stove). All I get is a row of E's on the display. Thought I would right off get a reading of the air or something. Apparently not this simple. Manual doesn't say anything about this just setting the alarm and temp range. What am I doing wrong or is it defective???? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Display reads EEE. E to be specific. Manual does not go into or identify any error codes. I checked wiring polarity and is correct. Maybe got a bad probe?

Not connected right. Loose connection

Yea, connecting and unconnecting the probe made no difference in the display. The probe came with screw terminal connectors on the end. I cut half off of each one and put into the connector. It must not like that. I'll just cut those off and put the wire ends into the connector.

I believe there should be two wires yellow and red. Red should go in the left hand slot and the yellow in the middle slot, if you are facing the at100 display.

Did you make sure the INTY setting = K? If the probe type is not set properly you will get EEEE.

For AT100/AT200:

EEEE: This is an input error message. The possible reasons are: The sensor input type parameter is set incorrectly; the sensor is not connected correctly; the connector from the sensor is loose; the socket from the controller is loose; or the controller/sensor is defective. Please enter access code0089, and confirm parameter “inty” is set to “K” (looks like backwards “4”). Then you can short
temperature terminals. If the display shows the ambient temperature, the thermocouple is bad
, or the connector from the sensor is loose. If the display shows EEEE, the controller is bad, or the socket from the controller is loose.

upload_2019-1-18_8-3-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jetsam and begreen
Nothing has been cut on the probe save for one of the prongs on the end of the wire so it could be fitted into the green connector terminals. The yellow and red wires are in the correct position. The manual say that the settings from the factory are with the type of probe that is ordered with it so there should be no need to change the settings for the that probe. Maybe they didn't do that? I've got that schematic above. It's pretty confusing to me, I'm not a real electronics guy. Its says to enter a code number after you push the setting button but there are no numbers to push on the unit for this. Do the numbers come up when the set button is pushed again??? What do the XXXX in the operation mode mean above? I'll play around with that and if nothing works with that I'll check the connectors on the wire end from the probe. thanks for everybody's help on this.

Its possible the setting from the factory is wrong. The other possiblity is you have a defective unit.

The Flowchart is a little confusing and I'm and electronics guy so I understand.I found the XXXX particularly confusing but I think its just telling you the unit has returned back to the normal state of registering temperature and is displaying some unknown value of temperature.

First press SET.
Then you need to set the Code to 0089 which tells the instrument to change the System Configuration.
To set the code to 0089: use the > key to pick the which Digit location in the group of four digits 0089 you want to change. The > key walks thru each of the four digit locations.
Once you chose the correct digit location, use the UP ^ or DOWN keys to change the actual number of that digit to the correct value.
The first digit location should be set to 0, the second digit location set to 0 , the third location set to 8 and the fourth set to 9.
Then press set again
Then use the UP or DOWN keys to set the parameter to K. Just keep hitting it until you can choose the K. If it was already set to K then it was probably a defective unit.
Pres Set again
When End is displayed press Set again
you are now done

You can also try shorting the Temperature terminals. If the display shows the ambient temperature, the thermocouple is bad but at least you know the temp unit is good.

I hope this helps!

mine needed some adjusting with the calibration and the offsets, and possibly the probe type.

If you get the EEEEE it is definitely a connection error. If you disconnect your probe, this is the message on the unit.
Every so often my unit will bend the wrong way and I will get this, so I have to jiggle the wires.

How far back did you strip the wires? If you just cut off the spade end did you loosen the screws before inserting the wire? Sometimes the adjustment screw is mostly closed from the factory, so you aren't really getting the best connection.

Didn't strip the wire. Just cut off one prong of the spade on each wire and inserted that into that green connection block. Yes, I found that had the screws in the closed position, so I had to open those up first. Dobish, your correct the EEEE stayed on the unit with the probe connected or not connected. I'm going to cut the spade off and strip the wire ends and insert those as per the diagram in the manual. That way I know starting out that that is right.

Didn't strip the wire. Just cut off one prong of the spade on each wire and inserted that into that green connection block. Yes, I found that had the screws in the closed position, so I had to open those up first. Dobish, your correct the EEEE stayed on the unit with the probe connected or not connected. I'm going to cut the spade off and strip the wire ends and insert those as per the diagram in the manual. That way I know starting out that that is right.
my guess is that will help.

Reactions: Kevin Weis
Okay, I got it to read out temp. It appears to read about 3 degrees warmer than it should (room temp 69 reads 72) which I don't think is bad but is it? My 61 year old brain may have figured it out with y'all's help. Time for a beer. Will this input data be saved in the unit when it is unplugged or losses power though?

Okay, I got it to read out temp. It appears to read about 3 degrees warmer than it should (room temp 69 reads 72) which I don't think is bad but is it? My 61 year old brain may have figured it out with y'all's help. Time for a beer. Will this input data be saved in the unit when it is unplugged or losses power though?
Yes. 3 degrees isn't anything to worry about. You could adjust it by a degree, but not necessary! Glad you got it figured out!

Reactions: Diabel
Power outages will not change the internal settings, they are stored in non-volatile memory.

Was the configuration setting incorrect from the factory?

Power outages will not change the internal settings, they are stored in non-volatile memory.

Was the configuration setting incorrect from the factory?

I think so but I entered the probe code anyways. Was within 1-2 degrees at room tempature compared to electronic thermometer I have in the same room. Got it installed this morning and seems to be working well. Griddle temp is 380 and cat is cruising at around 930. The off gassing will spike the cat you can see in the read out. They had the alarm set to go off at 480 though. I'll have to figure out how to cancel that. Other than that no problems.

Good to hear - glad its working! Mine has been very reliable and prevented numerous overfires. The Palladian flue gets hot REALLY fast!