Big Wood the Easy Way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tfdchief said:
WoodNStuff said:
tfdchief said:
Big Ash. no tractor!

Good to see you're having fun tfdchief!!
Thanks, WoodNStuff, but that pic was about 2 months before my accident, but thanks, I will be doing that before you know it, I hope!

Baby steps!! Four years ago I got my left hand caught in a log splitter. How? I've wondered myself. LOL. Combination of homemade splitter, inattentive operator (not me), and my gloved hand. Now, I play the fiddle. Getting better is possible!

tfdchief said:
Big Ash. no tractor!
Hey nice pic! Love that ash wood. How many of those did you wrestle to that splitter or did the splitter go to the wood?
There was a day when I was forced to either swing at them or find a way to get them in that position. If they crack good like ash typically will it makes things go better but if your doing a big round of something stringy I would start on the outside and work my way in.

WoodNStuff said:
tfdchief said:
WoodNStuff said:
tfdchief said:
Big Ash. no tractor!

Good to see you're having fun tfdchief!!
Thanks, WoodNStuff, but that pic was about 2 months before my accident, but thanks, I will be doing that before you know it, I hope!

Baby steps!! Four years ago I got my left hand caught in a log splitter. How? I've wondered myself. LOL. Combination of homemade splitter, inattentive operator (not me), and my gloved hand. Now, I play the fiddle. Getting better is possible!
WoodNStuff, I have been one of the most careful people alive, all my life, and spent over 1/2 of it watching out for others. But stuff happens. So sorry you were hurt. But I hear ya! I will take it one step at a time, but I can also say this has made me realize I don't have that much time left, so it better hurry up, I got stuff to do! :coolsmirk:

wkpoor said:
tfdchief said:
Big Ash. no tractor!
Hey nice pic! Love that ash wood. How many of those did you wrestle to that splitter or did the splitter go to the wood?
There was a day when I was forced to either swing at them or find a way to get them in that position. If they crack good like ash typically will it makes things go better but if your doing a big round of something stringy I would start on the outside and work my way in.
wkpoor, only a few. This was next door neighbor to my son, so we wheeled the splitter over there. Some we noodled. No way those babies were moving very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.