Biomass 60 -- install pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Mike, I'm not sure if this will make u happy or disappointed. I am a very lazy painter. I hate it. But with a throw away brush painting Rustoleum on 190 F pipes it was just too easy and fast. I maybe spent 20-30 minutes and dropped the brush in the trash. Ash and soot brush off so much easier. I'll take some iPhone pics shortly. I think Rob reminded me I was going to post.

I sprayed all the pipes with a can of flat black rustoleum. Did it as I went but still have a couple fittings where I tied into the oil boiler. I thought about red and blue but I like the look of the flat black.

Tennman said:
Man that looks sweet Mike. Congrats! You do the install? If so you have skills. Do a search on a little post I did called "pretty pipes". I painted my black iron with a brush when the system was hot. Really easy and it looks like a submarine.

I did do all the work myself. I redid the oil boiler piping when I bought the house about five years ago. It had been done by a frustrated plumber who obviously was in a hurry.

Tennman, it's time we see some pics of your system!

Aaghhhh... Posting pics here is like asking me to paint something. I will try to commit to give up another hour of my life to try to do it. Maybe.... I tried before and geez it was so painful when time is so precious... sitting here with coffee trying to learn this iPad now. Might be fun to try again via iPad.... Maybe...

Real nice job there Rob!

Status
Not open for further replies.