BK king cat inactive, CO problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Am I really the first one to say 'cap' in this thread
Nope, I was slamming coffee this am and beat you to it at 7:15 lolololololol

Well, the OP seemed to be in dire straits on the first post but until or unless she comes back and answers a few good questions there's not much further this thread can go.

Reactions: bholler
Well, the OP seemed to be in dire straits on the first post but until or unless she comes back and answers a few good questions there's not much further this thread can go.
Hopefully they did the right thing and got off the net to find a pro that can actually fix the problem.

The Pink Robots may have needed a smack down.

I'm hoping you all can help me otherwise I'm going to have a very expensive, decorative cold black box in the corner of my living room.

We recently moved into a new house with a BK king stove. We have been having no end of problems with smoke in the house when we first light it which we are told is a problem with our chimney being too long and getting too cold.

Today though, we had a different problem. We stacked the stove full at 3pm, left it burning at 2 (3 o'clock) all day and everything was fine, checked it before bed and it was still fine, and still had lots of wood to burn. Woke up at 6am to all of the carbon monoxide detectors going off. The stove still had fuel but had gone completely inactive. So I'm now sitting in a freezing house with all the windows open trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Any updates for us?

Seems like more often lately that brand new members sign up pleading for help and get lots of responses but they never follow up. This is the second one recently that I can remember.

But on a good note there have been excellent Hearth member responses that will certainly help others with the same problems as the OP, even if the OP never confirms if any of the proposed solutions worked.

Reactions: Highbeam