BK Princess unripe wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I like having one cord at a time, may work on that in the future. I just want more efficiency than I get with my slammer and I will probably end up with a liner and a tube stove when they go on sale in the spring.

If you're still considering the Princess insert, and you don't mind a drive to Virginia Beach, I got a good deal on mine earlier this year from a dealer that has some old stock(mine was from 2011, I think). I paid $2,200 for the insert, surround and black door.

If you're still considering the Princess insert, and you don't mind a drive to Virginia Beach, I got a good deal on mine earlier this year from a dealer that has some old stock(mine was from 2011, I think). I paid $2,200 for the insert, surround and black door.
When did you buy it?

Reactions: WhitePlatinum
January. Then someone else here got one from them for less a few months later, maybe because winter was pretty much over, prices may be higher now.

This is the place, the location on Reon Drive had a bunch of stoves in the warehouse:

http://www.aqualeisurepools.com/poo...pool-supplies-equipment-store-virginia-beach/

They were pretty responsive with me via email.
Thanks, that price is in line with a tube stove and if I can get that deal it would be worth the 3 hour drive.

I am 100% positive now I am going with the Blaze King Princess insert.....now I just have to get the right price on it.

This thread reminds me of a friend of mine . He had a Drolet Legend that he would feed mid summer cut wood into and was happy with the heat output . Of course when he hit his stack you could hear the creosote rumble down .
Fast forward to his new place with a mid sized Napoleon . Same deal with fresh wood . Showed him a video of my stove burning at full choke and tubes were blazing . He said that isn't right and I should get a new stove . That all changed when he burned actual seasoned wood . He had his at complete choke and it was flaming like the gates of hell . Also putting out way more heat than he was use to .

Needless to say , he learned that actual seasoned wood works TONS better than green , is more efficient , gives off more heat , and he does not have a choked up stack full of creosote .

Btw , I lived on 1/4 acre and I could EASILY stack 3 cord of wood along my fence . Does not take up much space if done right and is not an eyesore if not just thrown into piles .

@WhitePlatinum please don't buy the BK, you are seriously going regret it since you wont be using properly seasoned wood.

Reactions: ddddddden
I am buying the BK......

January. Then someone else here got one from them for less a few months later, maybe because winter was pretty much over, prices may be higher now.

This is the place, the location on Reon Drive had a bunch of stoves in the warehouse:

http://www.aqualeisurepools.com/poo...pool-supplies-equipment-store-virginia-beach/

They were pretty responsive with me via email.
Patrick, Thank You so much I went down to aqualeisure and got the Princess Insert for $1350 w/ the large shroud! Other places were quoting $3300+. I can't wait to install it, if you are ever up near the middle of MD hit me up and I owe you a beer!

Patrick, Thank You so much I went down to aqualeisure and got the Princess Insert for $1350 w/ the large shroud! Other places were quoting $3300+. I can't wait to install it, if you are ever up near the middle of MD hit me up and I owe you a beer!

Wow, they must really want to get rid of them, that's a fantastic price. I thought I did good at $2200. Depending on when you were down here, you might have experienced the ridiculous amount of snow we got. We don't plow anything but the main roads, so driving anywhere gets interesting.

Wow, they must really want to get rid of them, that's a fantastic price. I thought I did good at $2200. Depending on when you were down here, you might have experienced the ridiculous amount of snow we got. We don't plow anything but the main roads, so driving anywhere gets interesting.
I went down yesterday and there was some big mounds of sloppy snow left, thanks for the tip that was great......I wonder what they would let that floor model go for???

I went down yesterday and there was some big mounds of sloppy snow left, thanks for the tip that was great......I wonder what they would let that floor model go for???

You're welcome.

Did they still have that little warehouse in back full of various stoves? They took about 15 minutes to find the surround to go with mine back there.

When they quoted me via email, they actually said they were selling me the floor model, then when I got there they loaded up a new one from the warehouse. That was fine with me.

If they weren't taking a loss on these stoves, I'd say they should pay me a commission :) You're the second person I've referred to them that drove hours to buy a stove.

@WhitePlatinum please don't buy the BK, you are seriously going regret it since you wont be using properly seasoned wood.

I burned very wet wood (some actually soggy) the first year in my Princess Insert. Wood would go directly from the woods to the stove. It was not a great experience, but it did heat the house, snd I got lots of healthy exercise sweeping the chimney every couple weeks in shoulder season. ;)

I clogged the mesh cap in two days of mild weather one time. :/

CSS lots of softwood (pine/fir/ash/poplar) now, and you will have dry wood for next season.

Also modify your expectations now: You won't be burning as low and slow as everyone says, your heat output won't be as good as everyone says, starting a fire will be a big pain in the ass, burn times will be lower, and you have to sweep all the damn time. But next year will be great if you prepare now!

You're welcome.

Did they still have that little warehouse in back full of various stoves? They took about 15 minutes to find the surround to go with mine back there.

When they quoted me via email, they actually said they were selling me the floor model, then when I got there they loaded up a new one from the warehouse. That was fine with me.

If they weren't taking a loss on these stoves, I'd say they should pay me a commission :) You're the second person I've referred to them that drove hours to buy a stove.
Did you refer Patrickoneal? Cause that is who I heard it from about the deal. Yes it seems they have a few more they are liquidating....only one Princess though.

Sorry, that was an old login, I guess I was watching a Denzel Washington movie when I made it. I should figure out how to delete that account, as I'm sure I shouldn't have two.

Sorry, that was an old login, I guess I was watching a Denzel Washington movie when I made it. I should figure out how to delete that account, as I'm sure I shouldn't have two.
GOTHCA!

All im missing is the stove got plenty of hunting club wood to cut.getting a drolet ht2000 soon