Black Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an excellent firewood when mixed with something else like oak or locust. I find that a whole box full of cherry will leave a lot of ash.

I kinda thought so. I'm just not into long slow & low burns. I'm much more of a full heat, short bursts kind of guy.

Are we still talking about firewood?...

I have a lot of black cherry on my property -- I only cut ones that are dead or wind damaged. I usually keep it for the cabin, or sometimes sell a couple of cords. I have no issue burning it, and as others have said, it isn't the highest BTU or longest lasting hardwood. A majority of my harvested wood is oak, sugar maple, and beech, but the black cherry dries fast and looks pretty good to me when it's free!

Status
Not open for further replies.