Blast Off!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
With the hot weather coming in this week we decided the screen house will go up today.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0036.jpg
    100_0036.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 437
PapaDave said:
That's a nice one zap. Skeeters are crazy this year.

PapaDave so far around the house the skeeters are not reel bad but we have a big warmup coming so that will change.

Zap

That looks like a great place to relax.

Backwoods Savage said:

It is Sav, good shade under some white pine and we always get a nice breeze. This was first on the list of things we did today.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3059.jpg
    100_3059.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 386
Backwoods Savage said:

Not anymore Sav, I made it home just in time to see the wind rip it from the base then do a 360 and throw it back in the woods.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3060.jpg
    100_3060.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 344
Oh Zap. That is terrible. You must be getting the same type of wind we are getting here. It's not a day for bike riding for sure.

Backwoods Savage said:
Oh Zap. That is terrible. You must be getting the same type of wind we are getting here. It's not a day for bike riding for sure.

High winds here, Springfield Mass. had a tornado go through with roofs torn from houses and some overturned trucks according to the weather channel.

I'll talk with the boss and see if she wants another one.

Zap

sorry to see your bad luck. sure has been windy up here the last couple days also. definitely not a day to be in the woods

its crazy windy here today...keep waiting for my forklift to blow over. time to look at some of those cement screen houses.

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

High winds here, Springfield Mass. had a tornado go through with roofs torn from houses and some overturned trucks according to the weather channel.

Bummer, but I'm glad there wasn't more damage. Any trees come down?

So sorry to see what happened to your wonderful portable room....glad it was that and not your house!

Wild winds have certainly been reeking havoc this spring.

Glad no one was hurt and just maybe the wind took some of your mosquitoes with it!

That is unfortunate.If your place is like mine you need a screen house in the evenings(the mosquitoes will carry you away). There was some strong winds yesterday. We were without power for 7hrs.

BeGreen said:
zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Bummer, but I'm glad there wasn't more damage. Any trees come down?

Not around the house but tonight when we were back in fishing trout we took a break and went for a little ride in the Rhino and found a cherry that use to be hung up the wind took down (GIBIR WOOD) still have the high ground to check which usually gets hit the worst.

This is the worst I've seen the skeeters since we moved here (eight years) cutting wood is going to be bad.

Zap

perplexed said:
So sorry to see what happened to your wonderful portable room....glad it was that and not your house!

Wild winds have certainly been reeking havoc this spring.

Glad no one was hurt and just maybe the wind took some of your mosquitoes with it!

Skeeters are not bad around the house but when you get back by the brook they have a good meal, deet or just served up plain.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.