Blaze King Ashford combustor question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Duds13

Sep 16, 2023
NY
New member here with a question for the experts! Picked up a new gasket this morning and went to install it. I noticed this gap between the combustor and the metal frame/housing. This can't be normal I imagine? It's only two years old, am I looking at needing a new combustor?

Edit - Sorry, this should have been posted in a Blaze King forum. Mods please move!

Thank you!

AD

20230916_110910.jpg

Contact your dealer for warranty coverage. It appears the brazing did not hold.

BKVP

New combustor is shipping to the dealer today. They requested my old one back to do some analysis.

@BKVP will this be considered a defect or will it count against the warranty?

Our supplier does not allocate a "defect category". It will be covered by warranty.

Once it arrives, I'll look at it. Put a note in with the combustor to have me review it.

Chris

Our supplier does not allocate a "defect category". It will be covered by warranty.

Once it arrives, I'll look at it. Put a note in with the combustor to have me review it.

Chris
Will do! Thank you for your help!

Chris
Picked up the new combustor this morning and brought the old one to the dealer to ship back. Has a note to have you take a look at it. From the photo, is it something you have seen before? Anything I may have done wrong to cause it?

Thanks for the help!

Picked up the new combustor this morning and brought the old one to the dealer to ship back. Has a note to have you take a look at it. From the photo, is it something you have seen before? Anything I may have done wrong to cause it?

Thanks for the help!
I'll take a look when it arrives..

BKVP

Reactions: Duds13
Yes.

Haven't seen it yet. I've been at EPA Emissions Inventory Conference all last week. 347 regulators and me.

I'll check with warranty dept this morning.

BKVP