Blaze king is not enough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us Alaskans ain't too keen on Sarah at the moment, either. And, she didn't give the big checks....its been going on for the past 5 Governors before her. By the way, my brother-in-law is from Connect-It-Kit. He came to Alaska in the early 70's for a summer job and then sent for his things. Does he get bonus points with ya? He gets the big checks, too. Ya only gotta live here a year to get one. :)

I pay over $6 for a gallon of gas or heating oil. The way I look at it, its a rebate from the oil companies for getting fleeced all year.

I'm just funnin' here, too...didn't mean anything 'bout the Californies. I actually like them, 'specially the curvaceous tan blond ones:)

Back on subject, -20 here tonight, and the F400 is happily producing btu's. Gotta love it. Happy New Year, all...

You would have to lower yourself to fresh King crab, copper river red salmon, halibut, caribou, moose, Dall sheep, homemade bread, and garden grown veggies at my house. I sure take the check. What would you have a state with too much money do with it? We don't pay state tax so it is not a welfare system. The problem most out of state-rs have will our Permanent fund dividend is they think it could go to better use than to return it to the people who earn it. I here the economy is getting so poor in the lower 49 that there has been sightings of democrats with there hand in there own pocket.

Just so we are clear. All of you people from Alaska need insert the obligatory Sarah Palin acknowledgement, because you know it's on ... Piling on after you have won is so aggressive and capitalist. Just be cool and enjoy "Obama-nation" its all good.

If you want to attack Sarah Palin then I just might write a book on this website on what a complete total unaccomplished failure of a human being that is Albert Gore!

This way > to the ash can...

Webmaster said:
I was never a Kerry fan, but Purple Haze is cool.....

BTW, not exactly warm here in New England today, but caught these teens at the beach getting a quick dip.

They did survive......

Where was that? The cape? There are a couple of polar plunges in RI. Cold day for that, not too windy though. Nice pictures, could be July if ya didnt know better.
cheers. Second Beach in Middletown RI?

Webmaster said:
CT has the best pizza - other than NYC. That's about it.

BTW, can you get coal fired pizza with fresh Italian Buffalo Mozzerella in Alaska? If so, I might just join you. But I can't take the check. It's against my upbringing.
:cheese:

For certain that pizza isn't available in my town, but there's a ton of pizza joints elsewhere in the State, so hopefully someone else can chime in.

I ate wifes-made moose soup tonight...ya got any of that there?

wolfkiller said:
You would have to lower yourself to fresh King crab, copper river red salmon, halibut, caribou, moose, Dall sheep, homemade bread, and garden grown veggies at my house. I sure take the check. What would you have a state with too much money do with it? We don't pay state tax so it is not a welfare system. The problem most out of state-rs have will our Permanent fund dividend is they think it could go to better use than to return it to the people who earn it. I here the economy is getting so poor in the lower 49 that there has been sightings of democrats with there hand in there own pocket.

That kind of talk is gonna get you in trouble, pal. Not with me though. I think that Alaskans reward the worker and and that encourages the non worker to seek work. A rising tide raises all boats. I would love to do a house swap with someone like you for a year. See how it all works out. Good times.

No moose for me.......
Just Quahogs......
Actually, I'm vegetarian, so Alaska just won't make it.....but I will visit someday and leave some of my hard earned $$ there.

Heck the economy is so bad here that a lot of Republicans have become democrats, and they have their hand out for SMALL potatoes as opposed to the usual millions they preferred to steal when times were good.

Me? I'm decidedly non-partisan and would just as well laugh at the Gov of Ill. as Palin. All those low-life stories just amaze me...I know it is a weakness of mine, but these folks are really the gifts that keep on giving. I do appreciate both the comedy and the irony.

Gore, Kerry and friends are just too damn boring and stuck-up to provide entertainment.

I know what ya mean about feeling like an ant. I was raised in the city (burbs), but then left for rural WV and TN. When I first came back to the Northeast, I used to feel strange just entering the area.....like a shot of adrenalin. Then we settled into a life in a rural suburban area next to one million acres of semi-protected land (Pine Barrens, NJ) and that was mellow enough for me. Now I live in a semi-rural (villages and farmland) area of Western Ma, and we find that we enjoy the more "metro" pleasures........like good restaurants, people watching, art, music, etc. etc. - In fact, it is so mellow here that when we go on vacation we prefer "busy" metropolises to a vacant beach. I think it is because we work at home and never were forced to do the city thing - so it is purely voluntary!

But, all in all, you are probably right. Dogs and nature beat mankind in most areas.

Let me know when you want to visit. I recommend summer. I have a very nice jet boat and love showing off some of our state.
On another note have you sold your cap business yet? I have been considering it. Every house here has at least 1 6" stack and believe it or not there is even a few weirdos that care what there house looks like.

Ah yes, good ole Rhode Island. The home of Del's Lemonade, Quahogs, Unplowed roads, and Buddy Cianci. Everyone's got a municipal pension though, maybe two!

Webmaster said:
CT has the best pizza - other than NYC. That's about it.
. . .

You've got that right . . . my wife is from CT and the first time she introduced me to a CT pizza I realized what I had been missing for all these years. It took me a long, long time to find a pizza up here in Maine that was comparable (and trust me, Pizza Hut and all those other poseurs claiming to have New York style pizza failed miserably) . . . but at long last a Greek family eventually came right into my little own hometown and opened up a place with pizza that is as close to CT as possible.

As for my wife she still misses her State Line Potato chips (me, I'll stick with my Humpty Dumptys) and that particular type of Italian bread she claims she can only get when she visits her Mom or brother in CT.

wolfkiller said:
Let me know when you want to visit. I recommend summer. I have a very nice jet boat and love showing off some of our state.
On another note have you sold your cap business yet? I have been considering it. Every house here has at least 1 6" stack and believe it or not there is even a few weirdos that care what there house looks like.

Summer . . . let me think . . . Spring is until June 20th and Fall starts on June 22nd so June 21st is the day, then right? :) ;)

Now I'm no pansy (I mean I do live in Maine), but I have to tell you guys living in Alaska that a) the rumors about the bugs are true (maybe not where my sister lives in Portage -- but Fairbanks North they were blood thirsty!) and b) around here in September the weather is quite pleasant -- warm during the day and cool at night but after visiting my sister in September I discovered that September in Portage was cool during the day and in frost-bite territory at night (I was sleeping in a van for the first few nights with socks on my hands and a wool hat on my head to keep warm.)

Status
Not open for further replies.