Blaze king - king install in progress.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Super clean install BKVP, but we would expect nothing less from you. That cement wall material just looks fantastic.
Thank you. After you build a solid foundation, get stone tile laid, then paint horizontal darker stripes (so as to not see wall between planks), you place construction adhesive on the back of each piece. You measure out wall stud locations, predrilled 1/8" pilot holes for screws, you start hanging the MagraHearth boards.

MagraHearth did a complete schematic so my total "waste" was less than 7" of cut material. Came with field kit with cement filler (cover screw holes) and stain for these patches and cut ends....

Then drop a stove! 20200815_081759.jpg20200910_092252.jpg20200919_162429.jpg20200920_085704.jpg

Th is website shows each of those boards weighing 60-80 lbs. yikes!

So, I was reading my manual like a good new stove owner.

it’s states that I should push the bypass handle down until I hear a “click” to ensure the door is closed.

During my first fire, when I closed the bypass, I heard more of a “thud” as I closed the door. Basically, like the metal door falling closed onto the gasket. Then I pushed down on the handle wondering if there is some sort of clicking mechanism that holds the door shut, and I got no click. I also notice my handle wobbles around a bit.

Sound normal?

So, I was reading my manual like a good new stove owner.

it’s states that I should push the bypass handle down until I hear a “click” to ensure the door is closed.

During my first fire, when I closed the bypass, I heard more of a “thud” as I closed the door. Basically, like the metal door falling closed onto the gasket. Then I pushed down on the handle wondering if there is some sort of clicking mechanism that holds the door shut, and I got no click. I also notice my handle wobbles around a bit.

Sound normal?
If you are able, call me with phone in hand. I can "listen" and hep if there is anything not correct.
509-522-2730 I am available 5:00 a.m. PST until I get burned out and leave (usually around 2-3 p.m.)

Reactions: Dustin
If you are able, call me with phone in hand. I can "listen" and hep if there is anything not correct.
509-522-2730 I am available 5:00 a.m. PST until I get burned out and leave (usually around 2-3 p.m.)
Trying to get more beer buddies again I see :) On a serious note, to the OP, this is what us BK'ers are talking about when it comes to customer service, Chris will literally fly to someone's house to help diagnose an issue with one of his stoves, and give you a pair of socks if you dont have an oak.

Sounds good! I’m a swing shift guy, just hitting the sack myself. I’ll try to dial you up tomorrow :)

Reactions: BKVP
Called Chris this morning, he fixed me up! He’s so good at it, I even understood what he was saying prior to my first cup of coffee... that’s miracle work.

A question I forgot to ask... does my cat have to glow? For example, fire going at the moment. Cat probe well into the active zone, thermostat at medium, few small whisps of smoke from the chimney if I stand outside and stare at it long enough. The cat was glowing a few minutes after I first engaged it. The glow is gone, but it still shows active.

Have I mentioned I love this stove?

Called Chris this morning, he fixed me up! He’s so good at it, I even understood what he was saying prior to my first cup of coffee... that’s miracle work.

A question I forgot to ask... does my cat have to glow? For example, fire going at the moment. Cat probe well into the active zone, thermostat at medium, few small whisps of smoke from the chimney if I stand outside and stare at it long enough. The cat was glowing a few minutes after I first engaged it. The glow is gone, but it still shows active.

Have I mentioned I love this stove?

The cat need not glow to be functioning and active.

And that smoke you are seeing is likely steam..

Oh man. This is a tough one. It's really hard to tell the difference between steam and smoke when you're burning low. When your cat fails due to normal wear you will get white stuff leaving your chimney, sometimes blue. Whether it is steam or smoke, that stuff will condense in your stack and can get gross! Like tar.

Sometimes steam is obvious like with a disconnected plume that dissipates within another few feet.

I always wait too long on replacing the cat because I am under the false assumption that the white stuff is steam. I don't want steam condensing in my flue either. If the white stuff is not disconnected from your cap then it's time to turn up the stat or to start thinking about whether you are due for a new cat.

Great information. This is my second year as a cat stove owner and these were some of the same exact questions I was wondering about.
This site is awesome.

Reactions: Highbeam
@BKVP Thanks for the reference to the magrahearth products. Been scratching my head how I wanted to build a noncombustible mantle for my upcoming (non-BK) stove install and I think this will fit the bill. Did you order direct from them or from a distributor?

Here is a bit more info on non-combustible mantels. Some are amazingly realistic.

@BKVP Thanks for the reference to the magrahearth products. Been scratching my head how I wanted to build a noncombustible mantle for my upcoming (non-BK) stove install and I think this will fit the bill. Did you order direct from them or from a distributor?
I reached out to the owner...."He or anyone should contact Mary Jo in my office.
[email protected]"

Hope this helps...their factory is in Milwaukee as I recall. I think they have one heck of a showroom. Never been there but have it on good authority.

Thanks guys. Looks like it's only about an hour away from me. Think I'll have to check it out.