Building in an insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaroon

Hearth Supporter
Dec 21, 2010
Island County, WA
Hello everyone, I appreciate your help on this one.

We were just down in Oregon and visited the excellently reclaimed McMenamin's Edgefield. If you're unfamiliar, they take historic buildings and essential convert every room into either a very small bar, a restaurant, a bunk room, or a brewery. They've re-fitted a number of great landmark buildings in the greater portland area. The edgefield is a completely renovated former poor farm.

In any event, the favorite-by-far is "The Little Red Shed" on the Edgefield property is the best. A former incinerator room that they reconverted into a two seat bar. The old incinerator has been remodeled into a beautiful little hearth. (link below)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmenamins/2381546512/

I have a little cabin that I've just finished clearing space for a woodshed and was thinking of making my own "little red shed" in it with a little bar and, of course, attempt to replicate that hearth. Any idea how to find a small insert for this?

Thanks in advance for you help,
-JV

I don't know how to fit an insert into your project but the pictures sure do make me want to travel west for a sampling of earth's nectar! The places look great and have a ton of atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.