Burning Season Comes to an End

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 12 degrees out with a fresh blanket of snow. I'll probably be burning for a few more weeks.

83 in the shade. 98 in the sun and 120 in the attic. Only burning here would be from spontaneous combustion.

It looks like we'll be burning another two weeks, still burning the cherry marked for 2012-13 heating season with some maple still left over.

We have about two face cord >> of two year old pine & hemlock that will be next up on the list. This rain should get those wild leeks pushing up through the dirt by next week if not before.

Had to break into the 2013-2014 wood, Spring has not sprung here yet.
Currently under a winter storm watch with up to a foot predicted (hopefully it goes south and we just get a dusting).
Temps currently in he mid 30's.
Listened to the extended forecast and the S-word is mentioned until Tueday the 16th.
FYI: Extened only went till the 16th.
Happy Apruary!
But, I do have to admit this is more of a typical winter.
As long as we do not get accumulating snowfall in June, like we had in years past.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Drum roll. A few minutes ago we passed the record for today. Set in 1922. !!!

88 Here right now, It is hot, suppose to have some storms roll though and cool off. Thank the good lord, I am not ready for this yet!

Drum roll. A few minutes ago we passed the record for today. Set in 1922. !!!
we tied our record of 78 today, which was originally set in 1991.....
back into the mid 40's for the weekend, though. Ain't done burning yet!!

Lubbock TX set a record low of 21F this am.

Lubbock TX set a record low of 21F this am.
Wow, what was the daytime high? Not sure where that is geographically, but I know my cousins live in Apache Junction, AZ, and the desert can get damm cold at night sometimes, even in the summer.....

Wow, what was the daytime high? Not sure where that is geographically, but I know my cousins live in Apache Junction, AZ, and the desert can get damm cold at night sometimes, even in the summer.....

It was their low at six in the morning. I am from Lubbock and with the winds they constantly have it can chill your bones there. And then in a few weeks it will be over a hundred.

Reactions: ScotO
It was 89 on Monday and is forecast to be 91F this Sunday in Lubbock. You could freeze a pond overnight and use it for air conditioning and margaritas the next day there.

Yeah Dad always said there was nothing between there and the North Pole but a barbed wire fence and it blew down.

We are down from 90 to a cozy 89 at five fifteen. 128 in the attic with relative humidity of 1%.

Outside humidity is 24% and wind is high. If some fool drops a match we be having a forest fire here. I smelled smoke blowing in from the South yesterday afternoon and again this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.