Can Anyone Recommend a Good Digital Tire Pressure Gauge?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tire gauge

this is what i use. maybe overkill for the street but its very accurate.

I'm wondering what's influencing you to go digital? The relatively cheap extending stick type are scary accurate for their simplicity and don't ever go bad. I have several different types and my friend owns an auto shop. More often than not unless it's something above 50psi we just reach for the cheap but accurate one. No batteries to go bad, no worries about it getting wet, so what if you lose it, etc. .
Steve

I had two analog sticks, but they were way off. I read that Consumer Reports said that digital gauges were pretty accurate. It turns out that the digital gauge I got agreed with one of the sticks, so I threw out the other stick. Thing is, how do you really know which is accurate unless you have a few? The Slime gauge I got is okay, I guess, but it could be better, more from a feature and usability kind of thing.

I have 2 Blue Point 0 - 150 psi tire gauges. But I use them for heavy truck use mostly. Kinda big n bulky for auto use,but are very accurate. Good luck in the search

velvetfoot said:
I think I read good things about the accutire gauge on a consumer reports blog.

We have one and it's been about 5 years since we purchased it (not sure who we bought it from) and it's still going strong.

zap

I've got one sold by snap on that I use to check both my low pressure and high (100 psi) sticks. Works great and was dirt cheap.(found in truck parking section of a rest stop a couple years ago).
Joe

My wife sells Avon, they have a digital with lcd display and voice and lite. Amazing how accreate and repeatable 1/2 pound increments. I had it in the car for years never changed a battery. I think they are cheep.

I bought a Monkey Grip brand at Schuck's. I seems to do a pretty good job. If I was to buy again, I'd look for something that has a little nub on it to release air when needed. No big deal but just handy.

My 25 year old Milton nylon bar service gauge is spot on accurate compared to the 2 newer ones at work. My boys and I received cheap walymart dial gauges along with a cheap digital gauge a couple years ago for Xmas. 1 of the dial gauges showed 15 psi low, 1 was 12 psi low and the other was 6 psi high. Never got the digital gauge to work.

I got mine at NAPA for about $10, seems very good, and it simply says "Accugauge" on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.