Can we fire Zap and Dennis?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags said:
firefighterjake said:
Keep the snow coming boys . . . I'm loving it . . . barring rain or super warm weather I'll be riding the sled way into March . . . maybe even April!!!

I don't think I like you anymore. >:-(

I don't think I like myself any more . . . after dealing with yesterday's storm I think I've had enough . . . Uncle . . . Uncle . . . Uncle. Probably should have saved some money for a trip south to the Carribean . . . this would have been the winter to do so.

Welcome to the Carribean!

Warning!! They don't shave their legs there :wow:

Jake you can fire me after this (was warned by skier76) another big storm with cold weather coming in starting Thursday of next week. Looks like I'll load up on the sugar maple and beech this weekend. Can I just say I-95.

If this storm develops, it will begin as a swath of snow and wintry mix over smokin's house, then roll into the Southeast Wednesday night, and the Northeast Thursday then stall over SolarandWoods house. Stay with us for further updates just incase the storms track changes and heads for ISEEDEADBTUS.

Two Winter Storms, More Trouble Next Week

All info came from accuweather.

Zap

Attachments

• jake.jpg
    jake.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 147
Hey Guys. It is Zap's fault! Not mine!

Dave, I might be on the injured reserve list for a while but still alive.

Here, the temperature is just gotten into the low 20's but as I sit here looking out the window, I'd really love to put the coat on and get outdoors. I'm really thinking strongly about getting on the atv to push some snow. I think I could ride side-saddle and be okay. Ornery wife is threatening to hide the keys...

firefighterjake said:
Keep the snow coming boys . . . I'm loving it . . . barring rain or super warm weather I'll be riding the sled way into March . . . maybe even April!!!

Thinking about riding the snowmobile in either Baxter or Acadia this coming weekend in fact!

+1..pick up a winter sport thats dependent on the snow and then you may actually enjoy it. I ski, snowshoe (would love to be a sledneck like Jake) and have a set of studded snow tires...I say bring it on.

Backwoods Savage said:
Ornery wife is threatening to hide the keys...

I think your ornery wife is on the money. Don't let those pain pills fool ya, Dennis. ;-)

Jags, to my wife's dismay, I snuck out and got on the atv. Yes, I also plowed just a little bit of snow....but it was for her. I cleared a walking path that is only about 1/2 mile long. Didn't you hear the ruckus yesterday? That was my wife tearing into me when I got back to the house....

Backwoods Savage said:
Jags, to my wife's dismay, I snuck out and got on the atv.

NOW who is the ornery one? I'm pretty sure that atv operation wasn't in the doctors instructions. :zip:

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey Guys. It is Zap's fault! Not mine!

Dave, I might be on the injured reserve list for a while but still alive.

Here, the temperature is just gotten into the low 20's but as I sit here looking out the window, I'd really love to put the coat on and get outdoors. I'm really thinking strongly about getting on the atv to push some snow. I think I could ride side-saddle and be okay. Ornery wife is threatening to hide the keys...

Sav, for the East the warmup is coming next week with plenty of water from the melting snow. They say one inch of water for every ten inches of snow, also calling for 70-80 in Texas before the end of the month.

Guess I'll have the roof rake out this weekend.

Zap

Zap, that 10:1 ratio is a general term. Most of the snow we've got this year has been the fluffy type with very little moisture to it. Same thing with lots of the lake effect snows. Big fluff and maybe half the normal moisture content.

Status
Not open for further replies.